Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 747-400 Type Rating Course Lesson 2 Available!

Guest Jock in a Frock

Robert, and the guys at PMDG,I just want to add my thanks to you all for this Type Course, as it adds immensely to my understanding of the Queen, and how to get the best out of her.Yesterday I was at the London Fly show (a collection of static displays and exhibits for both real world & flight sim). I bought ITVV's DVD on the B747-400. This DVD is a complete flight, from the preflight briefing through pushback, engine start, taxi, takeoff, climb, cruise, descent, landing, parking & shutdown. The crew give a great running commentary of the procedures involved, and a deep insight into the systems onboard. So much of it was familiar from the PMDG sim, and it proves how well you have simulated all the systems, not just as a visual representation, but as an integrated whole.I would highly recommend the ITVV DVDs for PMDG captains (and first officers) who want to maximise their enjoyment of taking the Queen to heaven and back (as long as Prince Philip doesn't find out ;-) )Your Type Course lessons are brilliant, and are sure to get us all further up the proficiency ladder, which will only make us more loyal PMDG supporters. It's good business for everyone, so well done for making these available for free.Best regards,Andy Scholes.

i love reading these! Ive finally got a use for that FPV! excellent work Robert i look forward to the next installment :)

>>For more information on how the auto throttle works, please see >>the

I'm experiencing the same sort of inconsistency mentioned by Dirk above. My VNAV CLB page is entitled "ACT 250KT CLB," "not ECON CLB."Robert

(1) Try flaps up ? You are stuck at flaps 10 and VNAV protects you against overspeeding.(2) Different target airspeeds : your ZFW and/or fuel load is different from the lesson.===================================== E. M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

>>(1) Try flaps up ? You are stuck at flaps 10 and VNAV protects>you against overspeeding.>>(2) Different target airspeeds : your ZFW and/or fuel load is>different from the lesson.>>=====================================> E. M. Vaos> Precision Manuals Development Group> www.precisionmanuals.com>=====================================Thanks Vaos:1) I dont know what you're talking about trying to change flaps position, sorry. I just choose and run flight/panel situation provided by Type Course Lesson 2 package. Whatever in there I get it.2) Again, why or how it would be different if I didn't do or run any other add-on or aircraft if FS9? Just choosing the flt provided by the package. I understand ZFW is stored in the flt and PMDG's panel file.Regards,Dirk.

Guest gremel

Great tutorial... Glad that you mentioned in detail the highly recommended use of the 'FPV'. This is an invaluable aid in keeping the aircraft level or at an assigned degree of pitch that you want to achieve. I turn it on all the time right after the F/D.Regards,jack

Guest poschrob

hi,I've tried the search function but found nothing about it.so how do I set the thrust index lines? (of course I've got the 744F)regardsRobp.s. the tutorials are really great, I could fly this bird without any problems, but now the whole thing becomes much more professional, that's the way I like it! nice job, looking already forward for the next ones!

Thank you very much for this fantastic course lesson.It is very clear, didactic, interesting and helpful.If needed (...), another reason to love PMDG Best wishesDavid

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest kame

Captain Randazzo,May I ask you a question?What means the small differences between confirmed GR WT (large font) and estimated WBS gross weight (small font) on the PERF INIT pages?Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

>hi,>>I've tried the search function but found nothing about it.>>so how do I set the thrust index lines? (of course I've got>the 744F)>>regards>>Rob>>p.s. the tutorials are really great, I could fly this bird>without any problems, but now the whole thing becomes much>more professional, that's the way I like it! nice job, looking>already forward for the next ones!http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...8&mesg_id=95618Did it answer your question? The avobe link was provided by Vampire but I'm not sure if it's what you need on the thrust index lines.

Guest poschrob

hi Dirk,no, not really.on the top of page 11 you see what I mean. the white thrust index lines (which you only can select when you also have the 744F). Rob

Guest wfr

Hi,Thank you for the tutorial!2 Questions:1) The tutorial states on 2-16:"Initiate the reject will cause the spoilers to deploy and the autobrake will engage to bring the airplane to a cpmplete stop."I can't see the spoilers deploy.2) Horizontal stabilizer movement not visible during trimming.Did I something wrong?Thank youWalter