Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 747-400 Type Rating Course Lesson 2 Available!

>Hi,>>Thank you for the tutorial!>>2 Questions:>>1) The tutorial states on 2-16:>"Initiate the reject will cause the spoilers to deploy and the>autobrake will engage to bring the airplane to a cpmplete>stop.">>I can't see the spoilers deploy.>>>2) Horizontal stabilizer movement not visible during>trimming.>>>Did I something wrong?>>>Thank you>WalterWalter, was it mentioned anywhere to arm the spoilers? I can't remember. Now, I'm thinking, if the spoilers were not armed manually is there a situation they would deploy without arming?Thanks,Dirk.

Gents,>Walter, was it mentioned anywhere to arm the spoilers? I can't>remember. Now, I'm thinking, if the spoilers were not armed>manually is there a situation they would deploy without>arming?If I'm not mistaken the spoilers should deploy, even if unarmed, when reversers are unstowed.Cheers,

Guest kame

Gentlmen,The Flight Path Vector (FPV) is very good, especially at the 2,000ft as the Lesson describes!I have had the similar experience on the FALCON 4.0, too.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest kame

>Captain Randazzo,>>May I ask you a question?>>What means the small differences between confirmed GR WT> (large font) and estimated WBS gross weight (small font) on>the PERF INIT pages?>It seems the fuel weight differences between on the PERF INIT of FMC and the FUEL AND PAYLOAD of MSFS.However, although the current FUEL mode is CALC, and not SENSED, the fuel quantity on the PER INIT cannot be deleted and entered manually to correct.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest A32X

Hi,Lots of fun although I have some issues. Sometimes as soon as airborne all the aural warnings sound (Master Caution light does not light.) Also the stall warner goes off even though I'm well under the PLIs. I have the 747-400PAX only.Thanks,PaulP>S> Would be great if you could save failures then we don't have to maually select them for such lessons. Could we see this with the FSX products?

Guest kame

Captain Randazzo,What does it mean by 'open "chapter 6 abnormals" and run the "Engine Failure" checklist' on the Takeoff 2 - 19? Would you please instruct me the procedures? Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest kame

>Captain Randazzo,>>What does it mean by 'open "chapter 6 abnormals" and run the>"Engine Failure" checklist' on the Takeoff 2 - 19? Would you>please instruct me the procedures? >I have found 'In the event that misuse or poor treatment of the airplane results in a falure, follow the appropriate Abnormals Checklist (Also known as a QRH: Quick Reference Handbook) item to resolve the problem.' on the page 0-19 and 'ENG 1,2,3,4 FAIL (ENGINE FALURE/SHUTDOWN)' on the page 6-6 of the AOM. I'm looking forward to release Lesson 3.Sincerely,Kan-ochiro Fushihara

Guest D17S

Here's another little piece of the puzzle to consider. On a RTO the spoilers will not auto-deploy unless the reversere are deployed. Should you use the reversers to auto-deploy the spoilers during a RTO? Here's a discussion from a previous thread: "It

>I have found 'In the event that misuse or poor treatment of>the airplane results in a falure, follow the appropriate>Abnormals Checklist (Also known as a QRH: Quick Reference>Handbook) item to resolve the problem.' on the page 0-19 and>'ENG 1,2,3,4 FAIL (ENGINE FALURE/SHUTDOWN)' on the page 6-6 of>the AOM. >>I'm looking forward to release Lesson 3.>>Sincerely,>>Kan-ochiro FushiharaKan-ochiro,Could you please tell me where I can find the QRH or AOM you referred to? Seems that I have no these documents in PMDG's B747 package.Thanks,Dirk.

Guest kame

Hi Dirk,Look 'PMDG 747-400 Airvraft Operating Manual' (which is the AOM) in the PMDG's B747 package (PMDG747_400_V1R1.zip), the '06 Abnormal Procedures QRH' in it is the QRH.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest timh

This type rating course has REALLY given me a new lease of life with this product. It has never been truer that "the more you know about something the more you'll enjoy it":I'm freshly AMAZED at how deep the 744 simulation really is after nearly a year of flying it!And I thought I knew how to fly her...Can't wait for the cruise lesson.-Timh

Guest kame

>Captain Randazzo,>>May I ask you a question?>>What means the small differences between confirmed GR WT>

>Hi Dirk,>>Look 'PMDG 747-400 Airvraft Operating Manual' (which is the>AOM) in the PMDG's B747 package (PMDG747_400_V1R1.zip), the>'06 Abnormal Procedures QRH' in it is the QRH.>>Sincerely,>>Kan-ichiro FushiharaHello Kan-ichiro,Thanks for your answers as well as for your questions. I also find them pertinent and interesting for myself.Regards,Dirk.

Dear RobertMay I add my tribute along with sincere thanks for these 2 lessons. A lot of effort by one busy man. We are fortunate bunnies indeed to benefit from this rare combination of technical mastery of the aeroplane, the English language, and the art of teaching! Congrats! We are privileged. As an RAF-trained ex-pilot I am enjoying immensly the chance to understand what I am doing and why, and to appreciate this masterpiece of an aeroplane simulation for what it is. What an all-round achievement by the Team at PMDG! Thank you. GarethLEAL (retired)