Sign in to follow this  
Guest isagani67

PMDG -FMC (In-Flight change destination)

Guest isagani67

Dear PMDG Team,I am just wondering if we can reprogram the FMC while in-flight. Supposed you want to change your destination for let say emergency landing. Is there an option for an Alternate Destination.Thanks, PMDG 737-800/900; 747-400 Queen of the sky.Isagani

Guest tmetzinger

In the 737, yes absolutely - you can change destination but not departure. You'll have to manually edit the route using the LEGS page, and you might want to put the autoflight system in HDG and ALT HOLD before you do it, in case changing the destination alters your LNAV path radically.You should be able to do it in the 747 as well - but I'm not familiar with it.

Guest Clansman

Hi everyone,One good reason for such in flight programmin/reprogramming is that you can't be sure of what STAR will be assigned by ATC.Is it standard procedure to assign an expected STAR or to actually leave it blank until ATC clears one for us?Cheers,Pedro Venda.

Pedro,In EU airspace it is common not to assign any STAR until you reach the terminal area for your destination as most STARs are runway specific. I think in US/CA airspace the terminal procedures are more generic and includes more ATC vectoring so usually they are included in your filed flight plan.For flight planning purposes I usually use the most penalizing arrival procedure for fuel and select the shortest arrival route for my T/D. That way I've covered both bases and I will not be caught looking if ATC changes my arrival procedure.Hope it helps,

Guest Clansman

Thanks for the explanations :-)Cheers,Pedro Venda.

Lot of weird info going on with some of you guys...Yes you absolutely can change your destination or routing in flight.Routing:Use the LEGS page to make modifications to the route such as going direct to a waypoint further along your route, inserting a new waypoint, etc.For major reroutes, say direct to a fix and then via a different set of airways than what you'd initially planned, use the RTE page 2+ and enter the airways in that way rather than doing every single waypoint on the LEGS page.To select a different STAR or approach, simply go to the DEP/ARR page and select the new one. Then check the LEGS page and clean up any overlap or route discontinuities that might be there after inserting the new proceedure.Destination:You can do this in one of two ways:1. Make a totally new route using the RTE 2 function.2. Change the DEST prompt at LSK 1R on the RTE page 1 to the new airport. Then enter the new routing...All of the specifics on operating the LEGS, RTE and DEP/ARR pages in the FMC are in the manual... read it!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest isagani67

Many Thanks Ryan,Will try it after office hour with our new 747-Phillipine livery.Beautifull stuff.Regards,IsaganiP.s. Hope PMDG will include (optional) wing view on future development to see that flexing wings during T/O & landing.

Guest isagani67

Many thanks to all of you Gentlemen.