Sign in to follow this  
Guest captainc

ARIC 0604 V 0513

Guest captainc

Hi all I would like someone to clarify something for me is there a difference between ARIC nav data and the sids and stars data I have just loaded the lastest 0604 sids and stars but on the ident page this is still showing 0513 now does this mean I have not loaded it correctly or is the lastest sids and stars there but not the waypoints and airways. Does the ident page show if u have loaded the lastest sids and stars. I know we are waiting for the lastest cycle from natdata but is there two different types of ARIC cycles.thanks allCraig(captainc)

Guest Clansman

Hi Craig,I'm still confused about this too.From the navdata.at it seems that there are two different databases: AIRAC and SID/STAR. They provide separate files for the separate databases. What could have happened in your case was that you installed a SID/STAR database and left the AIRAC untouched (0513).However, according to http://www.eurocontrol.int/ais/projects/AI...airac/index.htm, the AIRAC database incorporates information about navaid changes, including SID/STARs:"Aviation 'Environment' data is constantly changing; airspace structures and routes are revised, navigation aids change, SIDs and STARs are amended, runway and taxiway information changes.".So I'd like to ask what's the deal with AIRAC database, SID/STAR database and what/where are the most complete one(s) to use with PMDG products.Cheers,Pedro Venda.

Guest Hawkeyeted

AIRAC data contains Waypoints/NAVAIDs/Airport/Routes data. The SIDS/STARS files contain the Departure and Arrival routes for specific airports.I'm pretty certain that the real AIRAC files do contain all navigation data, but I think for computer programming purposes, they are seperate files.

Real world "navdata" refers both the database of airports, runways, VORs, NDBs, fixes and airways, AS WELL AS the database of terminal procedures including departures, arrivals, and instrument approaches, which you'll commonly see called "SIDSTARS" in the simming world. When a real FMC is updated, all of this information is updated via the same process and file. In the simming world however, we have to update the two separately, even though both are technically "navdata."* AIRAC stands for Aeronautical Information Regulation And Control and for our purposes is the database of airports, runways, VORs and so on described above. To update it, visit Richard Stefan's www.navdata.at and download the appropriate file, which is the same file for the 737NG, 747-400/400F, and the 767PIC addon. To install it, simply extract and run the .exe in the archive. The navdata is stored in Flight Simulator 9FMCWP if you need to access it directly for some reason.* SIDSTARS stands for Standard Instrument Departures and STandard instrument ARrivalS and are the terminal proceedures for the world's airports that you access from the FMC's DEP/ARR page. This database also includes IAPs, Instrument Approach Procedures such as ILS, VOR/DME, and RNAV approaches. To update these, vist Terry Yingling's www.planepath.com and download the PMDG file. It is the same for both the 737NG and the 747-400/400F. The actual files are stored in Flight Simulator 9PMDGSIDSTARS if you wish to edit them by hand. Terry has a great tutorial availiable at the same site if you want to learn how.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Clansman

Thanks everyone for the explanations. I'm cleared on this matter now.Cheers,Pedro Venda.