Sign in to follow this  
Guest boomer

Mapping PMDG options keys to Ch yoke and throttle quadrant

Guest boomer

I feel somewhat foolish having to ask this question but I am having trouble mapping the cntrl z key functions for TO/GA, listed in the PMDG TRC 1 course, to my Ch yoke.Any help would be greatly appreciatedThanks in advanceRoger Hollnds

This will require the use of the CH Control Manager or registered FSUPIC to map the key combinations to a yoke button after they are defined in the sim.Jim Harnes

Roger,I have the same problem with CHR Yoke - I find the CH Conrol Manager somewhat hard to get a handle on - I gave upBadbiggles

I'll try to explain with three pictures, showing the three steps and I hope that they speak for themself... without a detail within the FSUIPC. There, if you press the button of your CH-Yoke, e.g. button number 4, in FSUIPC the button numbers are not the same. There it is number 3 because it is the third that I have programmed in FSUIPC...

Guest boomer

Ruediger:Thank you for your reply. I have tried to do exactly what you are showing in your attachments, however I don't seem to be having any luck. I am trying to assign the TO/GA function, controlled by the "cntrl Z" keys to the "trigger button" located on the left top part of the CH yoke. It just doesn't seem to recognize it when I try to make it work.I do appreciate your input though and will keep trying.Roger

Guest svedman

It sounds like the shortcut CTRL+Z is already taken, in your case.Even though the combination is not taken according to FS own settings, there could be a third-party add-on/application that use this key combination already, thus "occupying" it.Try a different combination, and it should work. Eventually! ;)Best regards,

Hi Roger,I would like to explain it to you. But I'm so sorry, it is not so easy and my enlish isn't good enough for that.I hope that somebody who knows what to do is additionally able to describe it...

Guest boomer

Thank you both for your replys. I will figure it out eventually :-)Roger

Guest kdundon

Try using CTRL + SHIFT + G. I find it works just fine. Ken

Do you have FSUIPC?If so all you do is use the PMDG options to set 'Z' for TOGAGo to FSUIPC menu 'Button assignments', press the button on the yoke and then select 'Z' for the keypress function.Thats it. Its a simpler way than example above. Works fine everytime for me. Spent most of tonight assigning all the buttons on yoke/throttle quad plus redefining some of the keys on keyboard. Works a treat now I hardly have to touch the keyboard !Graham

Hi Graham,thanks for your advice! I tried it and it works fine. Therefore here three pictures showing the steps.

Guest boomer

Thank you all for your help. It is sincerely appreciated.Roger Hollands