Sign in to follow this  
drdickie

747-400F Wheels

All of the 400F repaints I have downloaded from PMDG seem to have something missing from the landing gear wheel textures. Am I missing a file, or is this the way they are supposed to look? Picture attached.Thanks.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/147880.jpg

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

I have verified that all my -400 models from PMDG have normal looking wheels -- wheels, black tires, etc. Only the -400F cargo models seem to have a problem.Do anyone know which texture file contains the wheels? Maybe it is just a matter of copying one file from the -400 series into the -400F textures.Thanks.

make sure you have the same number of textures in each folder, especially compared to the base texture folder. I count 102 in mine

PMDG_747_Det1_T.bmpThat appears to be the one needed for the tires/rims.You could "Copy" it from the "Texture" folder into the one that seems to be missing it.Jeff

Thanks, Jeff. When I copied PMDG_747_Det1_T.bmp from the -400 to the -400F, the wheels on the -F appeared normally.Do you happen to know what texture PMDG_747_Det2_T.bmp controls? That is present in the -400 but not the -400F.Thanks, again.

Alex, which folder are you counting? My typical -400 texture folder contains about 75 files, and a typical -400F texture folder contains about 42 files. If there are supposed to be 102, then I am missing a lot, but my aircraft look just fine except for the wheels. The paint kit folders only contain 9 files.Thanks.

Thanks, Jeff. Very informative.No postings from PMDG yet on whether this is just my problem, or a problem with all the -400F downloads posted there.