Sign in to follow this  
rgamurot

What type and how many failures have you had?

I was reading that one post about the BA 747 that lost its No.2 engine one take off. This got me wondering what type of failures anyone has had with their PMDG aircraft. Also, was it a random failure or did you set a specific system to fail at a certain time.For me, my first failure was during a flight from London to Torino in the 747. I was on short final when my No.3 engine flamed out. I had to maually restart right before touchdown.The second one happened during a non-stop flight from Honolulu to London. I ended up loosing my No.1 and 4 engine during take off after V1. Thankfully they restarted and I continued on to London without any problem.The landing in Torino was during fog and it was very humid in Honolulu. I'm assuming this is the reason the engines failed because I didn't set them to fail at all.My lates failure was a random one. My AP1 went out but I was on AP2 anyway.Ryan Gamurothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest fireman72121

I like to leave mine on random 1 failure in 10 hours i havent had a failure yet but i just got the queen and i am doing the type courses.

Guest Savage

Well, I personally don't like fiddling arround in large PDFs to see what the emergency procedure is... I ended up printing out all of the almost 400 page manual (it's more a book than a manual), and now sit with a 5cm (bout 2 inches if memory serves me correct) thick stack of papers :(When I figured out how I'm going to manage to bind it and have my 'book' ready, I'll be sure to join this trend... Random failure every x hours... Had various failures from FSP whilst in the 744 however... From broken gear right through to engine flameouts, and let's not forget broken hoses that leads to no pressure for the brakes after landing. Allot of fun and definately adds a whole new 'x factor' to flying.

Guest Jacob Lee

I had engines 2 and 3 go out on me during a ELLX (Luxembourg) to LAX flight over Billings, Montana. I diverted and landed a heavy 747 in Montana!

Guest Ricardo Sevarant

It's kinda boring to just always fly routinely without some added challenges. I fail something every chance I get, especially engines on takeoff. A double engine failure on one side is the most challenging to properly cope with, and the most fun too :) Try a double engine failure coupled with IMC conditions and a precision instrument approach! Fun stuff.

Guest SAS449

Why sad? It's still your best landing ever! Instead of mourning, enjoy mission accomplished with flying colours.

i dont have the failures on but if there is engine fire or something, do u see the engine catching fire? loland what exactly is flame out? like flames coming out the engine, or the flames for the combustion chamber has been put 'out'

Emir,A flame out is the latter... I think. ;-)And no, you wont see flames if the engine's on fire. Maybe in FSX?Cheers,

Mats,the latter? what do you mean?and eah I didnt think 'fire' was implemented somehow in PMDG's system lol... altough that would really make u say 'holy crap, engine is on fire!' haha :)

What I meant by sad is that with over 250 hours, I only now manage to nail a landing when something is wrong and not when everything is in working order. Other than that, I am proud of finally being able to land nicely. On a trip to Heathrow this past weekend, I actually managed a perfect landing with a working aircraft.Ryan Gamurothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Mats means your second suggesation is the correct one.IE: A flameout is when the flame goes out.If you see flames coming out the tailpipe then it could be something like a compressor stall inducing a surge.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg