Sign in to follow this  
Guest outstanding

Problem after Install 737 800/900

Guest outstanding

:) After installing the referenced program, whenever I go to the "Create a Flight" window in the FS 2004, the bottom half of the window that is suppose to show a picture of the selected aircraft, is solid black and there is no picture. This happens no matter which aircraft I select, except the 737 800/900. The 737 800/900 picture shows up like it is suppose to. Also, I noticed that when I select the check list box while in the cockpit view, the check list box shows up, but the background is solid black and covers the entire cockpit panel. I don't know if the installation of this program is the cause of the problem, but it only started doing this after the installation. It does not affect my flying but its just a little annoying because things are not working the way they are suppose to. Any assistence will be appreciated. Thanks much, R Scism

Hiya R,this sounds more like something i've been fighting with for a long time (unfortunately i still have to live with a compromise:( )but is not PMDG related:Do you have Nvidia Drivers ?Do you let your graphic card control your AA and have AA unchecked ?If yes, try switching the AA setting for the graphic card to application controlled and check the AA box in FS9.If that made the problem go, then welcome to the sad world of the Nvidia driver black window phenomenon and this is as good as your AA will get (does the same to Squawkbox and FS chat window)...Remedy?...i wish i knew :( ...and dont think i haven't searchedBest RegardsThomas

>:) After installing the referenced program, whenever I go to>the "Create a Flight" window in the FS 2004, the bottom half>of the window that is suppose to show a picture of the>selected aircraft, is solid black and there is no picture. >This happens no matter which aircraft I select, except the 737>800/900. The 737 800/900 picture shows up like it is suppose>to. Also, I noticed that when I select the check list box>while in the cockpit view, the check list box shows up, but>the background is solid black and covers the entire cockpit>panel. I don't know if the installation of this program is>the cause of the problem, but it only started doing this after>the installation. It does not affect my flying but its just a>little annoying because things are not working the way they>are suppose to. Any assistence will be appreciated. Thanks>much, R ScismCertain versions of the Nvidia drivers will cause this. I believe it's documented in the driver release notes.- John

Guest outstanding

Thanks Thomas for answering my request. I'll try what you said. Hope you find a fix for your problem too. Ralph

Guest silverwings

At least you got to install the 800/900. I can't even get that far. It's not recognizing the 737NG installed, I've done all the read me says to do.