Sign in to follow this  
Aaron_Schram

Air Force One

Are there any plans to model the VC-25. I have been trying to use the paintkit but cant figure out how to do the different doors, airstairs, and all the antenna and IR strobes. I would love to have this to join the 89th Virtual Airlift Wing of the VUSAF. VATSIM dream come true.

Nameless,if you'd like to have a repaint of the B744 in the colours of the VC-25 you might want to do a search for "Air Force One" in this forum as that topic was brought up several times before. I'm not sure whether someone already did such a repaint.If you are asking for a MODEL of the VC-25 that is not going to happen simply because that is a B747-200 and not a Dash 400.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest Ricardo Sevarant

I did a fictional PMDG VC-25 paint (747-400) with a couple of other guys. It's available here on AVSIM - you can a search for my last name, Sevarant, to find it in the library. I'm going to do another PMDG VC-25 for the 747-400F version as well; it will look a lot more like the real aircraft in that it won't have the extended hump like the -400. Plus, 'ole Dubyah will have some complimentary airstairs to climb down instead of having to jump out like he has to now :)Even though the 400F is a cargo version, with the right paint job it can look pretty convincing I think. There is a commercial version of the VC-25 (by Aerosoft?) for FS2004 that's very accurate from what I can tell. I suppose you could rig your PMDG 747-400 to that visual model if you are willing to forego the PMDG's virtual cockpit and just stay with PMDG's 2D panel. Not sure if this would work or not, just an idea.