Sign in to follow this  
Guest FooFighter

Just got Queen of the Skies and a few small questions...

Guest FooFighter

HiFirstly let me say that this packages looks and feels amazing so far.However, I just have a few small questions which I did search for before I posted but could find any defintive answers.1) The gear and gear door animations seem very jerky, is this this same in real life? I have a dual core, SLI rig so it is not performance issues.2) I was a bit dissapointed with the sound whe outside of the plane as I was expecting the whines of the blades when taking off and landing but the sounds seems very muted somehow and underpowered, even on takeoff. This is just the outside sounds I am refering too.3) When setting the flaps, from flush to take-off position is seems to take quite a while before you see any movement on the flaps themselves. Is it really this slow on the real 747?Thank you in advance for your answers.Regards,Gian

Guest dt1951

Hi Gia, I doubt very much that you would hear the blades at takeoff power settings. Although I am not a real world ATC pilot, my observations as a passenger have been that it takes a bit of time in the 744 to actually see flap movement.

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

the extension/retraction times for the flaps are perfectly correct.It indeed takes some time to extend flaps from 1 to 5 since position 1 means that only slats extend while pos 5 extends the trailing edge flaps either, therefore it takes a while to get those heavy peaces of metal moving! After having reached pos 5 the flaps will extend to 10, 20 etc. quite quickly. Same happens with retraction (retractig from 5 to 1 takes a while either)and what do you mean with the gear animation being jerky? do you mean the touchdown animation? If yes I can tell you thats one of the best you can get for a 747 since the TD is very difficult to animate in FS.

Guest FooFighter

Thanks for the replies.I meant the gear retraction animations.Thanks,Gian

>Thanks for the replies.>>I meant the gear retraction animations.>>Thanks,>GianHi Gian,I see the same type of gear retraction/extention animation you do. Rather than being smooth and gliding, it has an edge of minor jerkyness to it. It's the same way on the 737 as well. It may be do to the complex way they wrote the gear animation to begin with, but not sure. It's certainly not a framerate issue that I can see. On some add-on A/C, the gear just glides into place, and the gear doors close, but here, it's just a tad sticky.Not a big deal for me, but I have questioned it. I can't find any reference to it in the forums.- John

Guest FooFighter

Hi JohnYes, thats is it. Not big deal for me either but just wanted to check it out.The sound thing though is that I own the PMDG 737 series as well and the sound is remarkable from the outside. I am a visuals guy and really like viewing the planes from the outside. With the 737 there is a distinct difference in ousnds when you are inside and outside and I can feel the power of the engines when accelerating donw the runway.The 747 by comparison seem really dull and weak. Is it just me? Are there maybe updated sound sets availabe?Thanks,Gian

>1) The gear and gear door animations seem very jerky, is this>this same in real life? I have a dual core, SLI rig so it is>not performance issues.FS limitations.>2) I was a bit dissapointed with the sound whe outside of the>plane as I was expecting the whines of the blades when taking>off and landing but the sounds seems very muted somehow and>underpowered, even on takeoff. This is just the outside sounds>I am refering too.Updated external soundset coming, no ETA.>3) When setting the flaps, from flush to take-off position is>seems to take quite a while before you see any movement on the>flaps themselves. Is it really this slow on the real 747?There's a period where the leading edge slats deploy, you won't see any movement of the trailing edge surfaces until the slats are out...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest FooFighter

Cool, thanks. Looking forward to the sound update.Thanks again for all your replies!!!!Regards,Gian