Sign in to follow this  
CPA156

How to insert ILS frequency in FMC?

Hey allI just got the new add-on for Kai Tak from the Avsim library. I tried it out with my Cathay 744 and I flew from VHHH to Kai Tak (VHHX or VHXX). When I tried to press the APP button to intercept the IGS nothing happened. I looked on the NAV RAD page and where the ILS freq is supposed to be there was just 'PARK'. How can I get the frequency for Kai Tak's IGS13 (111.9 I-KL) into that spot, also runway 31s (I-HK 109.9) frequency aswell for that matter.any help would be very appreciated!

>Hey all>>I just got the new add-on for Kai Tak from the Avsim library. >I tried it out with my Cathay 744 and I flew from VHHH to Kai>Tak (VHHX or VHXX). > When I tried to press the APP button to intercept the IGS>nothing happened. I looked on the NAV RAD page and where the>ILS freq is supposed to be there was just 'PARK'. How can I>get the frequency for Kai Tak's IGS13 (111.9 I-KL) into that>spot, also runway 31s (I-HK 109.9) frequency aswell for that>matter.>>any help would be very appreciated!Hi Patrick,If you enter an ILS runway into the FMC Arrivals page the ILS frequency and heading should come up automatically. It will say 'Park' until you are in range (about 100 nautical miles or so if I remember).You can also enter this manually on the NAV RAD page by typing Frequency/Course and loading it in using LSK 4L.For example the format would be 109.90/130 if the ILS frequency is 109.90 and the Rwy heading or course is 130 degrees. You can also enter the ILS identifier using IDENT/COURSE (NNNN/CCC).Check out section 12 page 53 of the manual for more details on how to do this.Hope this helps.RegardsIan

Ian Friend

MOBO: Asus P8P67-LE P67 (B3) | CPU: Intel i5 2500K O/C 4.5Ghz | Corsair Hydro H100i CPU Cooler | RAM: Kingston Hyperx 8GB 1600 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | HDD1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | HDD2: WD6400AAKS 640GB | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Guest Hawkeyeted

>I looked on the NAV RAD page and where the>ILS freq is supposed to be there was just 'PARK'. How can I>get the frequency for Kai Tak's IGS13 (111.9 I-KL) into that>spot, also runway 31s (I-HK 109.9) frequency aswell for that>matter.Just press the LSK next to the freq that has "PARK" in it. The line should then get BOLD, indicating the freq has been tuned. If the word "PARK" is displayed, it means the ILS freq is waiting for you to activate it. (This is similar in nature to the MS default aircraft NAV radios where there is an active freq and a stdby freq. Pressing the XFR button switches the freq to the active side).

Ted, IanI am assuming we have to add that approach to Kai tak since it may not be available in the DB. Right?Lets say we enter the ILS, can we do autoland? would it turn into the runway at the mm?:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Hawkeyeted

>I am assuming we have to add that approach to Kai tak since it>may not be available in the DB. Right?That is a true statment.>Lets say we enter the ILS, can we do autoland? would it turn>into the runway at the mm?The only way you can do an autoland is a CAT II or III approved runway. The old Kai Tak approach is an IGS approach, not an ILS approach. That said, the IGS would bring you down to a specific altitude (Minimum Descent Altitude - or MDA) and the pilots would hand-fly the left turn to land.

Oh yeah.. It says IGS.. not ILS approach.I've never heard of an IGS approach..Hmmm.... There is no IGS in the US.. is there? There is GPS.Its probably a non US thing?:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Manny, if I'm correct the IGS was basically an offset LOC. Obviously due to the approach.- Joe