Sign in to follow this  
thrakete

FSX ATC and PMDG 747 Revisited

First Posted this on FSX forum-Please excuse the duplication:After just over a week of running the FSX PMDG 747-400 with Vista/SP1, I have only found two ways of using the FMC flight route in conjunction with the FSX ATC system.1. Load a High Altitude Route type FSX flight plan into the sim, and enter the same waypoints into the PMDG FMC Route pages. Then I use FSX ATC in IFR mode to follow the plan. This does not allow use of SID/STARS in the flights, as FSX controls the departures and approaches, but it allows all the other features of an FMC controlled flight, plus integration with the FSX ATC full IFR Mode.2. Same as above, except cancel the FSX flight plan immediately after clearing the field on take-off, and request Flight following. This way I can use all the LNAV/VNAV features of the PMDG system, including following SID/STARS, and avoid traffic with the FSX ATC. However, if my destination is at instrument only approach conditions, I cannot land without filing the FSX Flight Plan again.A Separate Operational (or operator) glitch:I have also had a periodic APR problem with method 1. I cannot seem to consistently override the Nav Radio Automatic frequency setting with a manual setting for APR mode. When I try to enter the APR ILS frequency, I get an error message. The manual states that the automatic setting can be overridden manually, but I obviously have not found some section that explains the constraints on this, and will appreciate any help.Regards, Thanks,Thrakete