Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

AOA 747 training DVD

Guest glenlee

>No sign of mine yet, but it can't be too far away if you've>got yours. Please, please be today...Same here Ed, I ordered a day after they were released and no sign of mine here in middle England!I'll be sure to post my oppinin though when it arrives.Glen Lee

Guest tff325

Got mine within a week in The Netherlands. However i do have a problem, my dvd player in my computer won't load and play the dvd's, don't know what's wrong with it, it does play other dvd's. Fortunately, I still can play the dvd's from my tv-set, had a quick glance and indeed, it does look very promising! Now if only I could find a way to convince my wife this is better stuff than the reruns from Friends she want's to see....Ben

Glen> Great, it's not just me then! I thought my postman had got lost! I'm also in Middle England, so we'll hopefully get them around the same time.Ben> Strange! I was under the impression that they would not work in European DVD players (as it is recorded in NTSC as opposed to PAL). Will try it in mine when it arrives...

Ed Haslam

Hi!I guess one can change Region for the DVD 5 times in the computer.I

The regional restriction of DVDs has got to be one of the stoopidest inventions ever for the PC, no? I mean, how ridiculous can one get? Sorry to vent, but it's been a pet peeve of mine for years! I hope everybody gets their AoA DVD to work for them in their machines.Greetings from Sunny Virginia,Jonathan

Guest tff325

>The regional restriction of DVDs has got to be one of the>stoopidest inventions ever for the PC, no? I mean, how>ridiculous can one get? >Sorry to vent, but it's been a pet peeve of mine for years! I>hope everybody gets their AoA DVD to work for them in their>machines.>>Greetings from Sunny Virginia,>>JonathanHmm, I never even knew about this regional restriction. How and where do I change the regional format or is there a workaround? Is it correct I can only change it 5 times? Although I can watch the dvd on my tv set I would much rather watch it on my PC so I can have the PMDG setup on my 2nd monitor and go through the procedures as decribed on the dvd simultanesly.greez,Ben

Hi,My AOA DVD arrived today in Christchurch, New Zealand. Very quick delivery from the US using First Class Mail International. Ordered 16 August. Great service. Looking forward to spending the weekend getting into it.No problems running DVD on my computer. Using a LG Supermulti DVD player in the computer.Peter Mitchell.

Guest glenlee

>Hi!>>I guess one can change Region for the DVD 5 times in the>computer.>I

Guest glenlee

p.s. I'm still waiting for my copy, the AoA website has a forum page with people stating that even though their order page shows 'pending' the disc have been arriving around 8-12 days after order.Fingers crossed!!Glen

>Hi all just thought I'd but in with some clarification on>region codes......Beat me to it! ;-)Hope your copy has arrived Glen. Mine turned up this afternoon along with my Corsair Fly 747-400 DVD. Got some quality viewin' this weekend! Shame I have to go out tonight, will start a freash tomorrow and post a few comments after that.

Ed Haslam

Guest tff325

>Hi all just thought I'd but in with some clarification on>region codes......>>'Films' that are released in the USA before the UK (or other>countries) are given a region code 'lock' to prevent them>from playing out of their region (and spoiling release date>figures). USA is region 1, UK is 2 and others blah blah>blah.....>>THIS IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TO PICTURE FORMAT......>The USA use NTSC, this relates to the number of lines that the>picture is made up of and used to be a problem many years back>with VHS tapes and old TV's. Nowadays DVD players can play>either NTSC or PAL and most TV's play whatever they're given!>>As stated in Lee's first post edit the 747 dvd's are NOT>REGION CODED. It shouldn't matter what picture format they are>in as your PC will be able to cope!>>You will not need to change the region code of your DVD>drive.>>Hope this helps>Glen Lee>Ok, seems sensible to me. That doesn't explain why I can play the dvd on my tv system but not on my pc. Must be something else whats wrong, so I'll keep looking...Ben

Yeah, they had some problems with the online shipping system, but Chris insured that all orders were shipped last week. Mine was #21, so probably close to the top of the pile. Hopefully yours will arrive today...

Ed Haslam

Be careful, I have been charged twice on my VISA for the one copy!!!Andrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Issue is being resolved by AOA. Andrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

>Hi>>Are there any users out there who are prepared to let me know>what they think of this product? I'd be interested in any>feedback.>>Thanks.Gavin!Got mine DVD