Sign in to follow this  

after patch, -400F still bad frames

I still get single digit frames with the -400F after the patch. Is there going to be another patch to hopefully address this issue again? I cannot fly this great airplane. All other addons do not give me such low FPS. Even the -400pax runs a lot betterplease help! I have tried dxt3 textures and all other settings to no avail.Thanks

Alex-Frame rates are not something we get many complaints about.We are not expecting any updates that would impact FPS.I'd start looking seriously at your setup/installation/disk fragmentation and general system health. Those have a tremendous impact on FPS.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest neeraj.pendse

For starters, what is your system spec?Best two things I would recommend- 1. Use Disk Cleanup to clean disk 2. Defrag, even if it tells you you do not need to.- Neeraj

Guest chuckburmester

I have the same problem with the F, so much so that I really don't use it. my system8400 DellP4 3ghz 800mhz fsb3 gig ram (2-1gig sticks in channel 1, 2-512 sticks channel 2) PC4200 I think512 meg vidio ram ATI carddrives are clean and defraged, C: containes only programs and D: (seperate physical drive) contains my docs and page file.I use fs autostart to shutdown all processes that are not neededwith fs9 and track ir running I am down to 23 processes running.I use 1=19" flat panel in 1280x1024, I disable 2nd monitor when using flight sim.I get fantastic performance with both 1900's, both 737's and the queen. I can maintain 20 + fps at high display settings but with the F at mediun display settings it looks more like a slide show at take off and landing.I have been content with flying your other planes, fantastic, for now and am looking forward to buying the MD11 if performance isn't a problem.Chuck Burmester

AMD FX552 gb ddr500 ramwindows xp sp2 with all updates4 gb swap fileati radeon x850xt 256 gb vramI get at least 5 lower FPS than the pax version in the virtual cockpit.The frames are better than before the patch, but still bad.I really wish I could find out whats causing my problems. from dll crashes to out of memory errors this is annoying.Im not blaming the freighter for my crashes or out of memory errors but the frames are worse than any other addon I own. including the 400paxIve gone through and have no afcad duplicates, no empty texture folders, no invalid landclass files, etc.I guess I can only wait for FSX to have better performance with a complicated VC

Alex / Chuck-We've spent hundreds of hours helping people tweak/tune performance problems out of their FS setups- so we have a pretty broad base of experience. Looking at both of your setups- you should be having NO problems at all.Since you are- here's some things we have learned along the way:1) Properly defragging has a MASSIVE impact. You can't rely on windows internal defrag to handle this for you. That piece of software is junk. I'm using O & O defrag- and i set it up to defrag by using the "Name" method. Saw a decrease in loading times of about 80% (subjective) and an increase in FPS of about 30% (measured.)2) If you have ANY product related to firewall/anti-virus/add blocking that was written by Symantic corporation (Norton) then I'd recommend uninstalling it and finding other solutions that are more well written. When I removed the Norton Firewall/virus/Ad software from my system (And all of it's various minor installations that it likes to leave behind) I went to NOD32 and Privoxy and saw a DRAMATIC increase in FPS (40% measured).3) Find and read up on the various discussions related to page files. I personally have never had a problem with the page file in windows slowing down MSFS. I guess I'm just lucky. Many people have fiddled with their page files and created unintentional side-effect of slowing down MSFS.4) This cannot be said enough: Graphics drivers should be up to date. If you haven't installed new drivers in the past two months- then you are likely out of date- and a good update might help you!These are just some basic tips that might help you from my experience as a "fellow user." I'm running a monsterious machine- and my low side fps in MSFS is around 45. (I'm pushing pixels to TWO apple cinema displays- and running the VC with the 2D overhead docked on the second monitor- so i'm asking a lot of the machine and the simulation.) I have two other machines here that are mid-grade and both of them see FPS of hight twenties at the WORST.Hope some of these ideas help!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com