Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Windh

Advanced Approach programming -FMC

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

you cant enter them that easy. Those waypoints are part of the SID/STAR and not lsitened in the FMC´s data base. The only chance to bring them up is to have the proper SID/STAR saved in your FMC.But if you know their exact postion (for e.g. radialxxx/distanceyy from VORzzz)from the chart than you can programm those waypoints as custom waypoints into your route and define them using your charts information.

Hi there,I'm sure there's probably someone who knows more about this than I do but I'll see if I can help in the mean time. Most fixes such as those you mentioned above will have a distance and bearing from a navaid, for example a VOR. To use the first example you gave, the "D9.0" would be the distance from the navaid and the BPK would be the identifier of the navaid as shown on the chart. There should also be a bearing from the navaid to the fix shown on the chart.As for programming it into the FMC/CDU, take a look at the piece of chart below, it's slightly different than a Jeppeson but should serve the purpose.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/148135.jpgAssuming we wanted to add the fix "HURST" in the the FMC, the first way we could do it is with a 'PDB' or Place Bearing/Distance waypoint. In our example this would be entered as TR057/11, since the fix is 11nm from the TORY (TR) VOR, on a bearing of 057

In FS9, I have learned it is always better to use latlon than bearing distance because the mag variations is FS9 are sometimes off by several degress.It's just as easy to go into the SIDSTAR txt file and modify it for a procedure you may use more than once. Terry's guide on writing SIDSTARS is an excellent place to start. I recommend backing up the original txt file first.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest allblack

Hi David,Another Kiwi (and Wellingtonian!) I haven't seen before in these forums!I saw the Tory example, and thought that looks familiar!Think that makes about six of us Kiwis/Hurricanes that I'm aware of.CheersTim(Karori)

Howdy Tim,Kinda scary how many of us there are. Speaking of Hurricanes, not a bad result last night, except for Chiefs fans I guess:P