Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsdave

Random A/P disconnection

Guest fsdave

All of a sudden i have started to experience random frequent autopilot disconnections during flight with my PMDG 747-400. I fly VATSIM and it gets very annoying when you're trying to listen to radio transmissions. Anyone know anything?? Thanks alot

>All of a sudden i have started to experience random frequent>autopilot disconnections during flight with my PMDG 747-400. I>fly VATSIM and it gets very annoying when you're trying to>listen to radio transmissions. Anyone know anything?? >>Thanks alotHi,This may not be your case but the auto-throttle will disconnect if you put pressure or move the joystick. Ken.

Dave-Is this happening occasionally (like every 15 minutes?) or is it happening very frequently?If it it happening very frequently- here is a quick trouble shooting test for you:1) Put yourself in flight in a scenario where this is happening frequently and predictably.2) Unplug your joystick. (I'm assuming it's a USB device here....)If it stops- then it's "spiking" coming from your controller causing the autopilot to think you are yanking the controls to take the airplane back from the autopilot. (This is correct behavior- but it's being triggered in a manner you don't want...)To fix this:Pull up your Windows Control Panel, and look at GAME CONTROLLERS.Now click on PROPERTIES.Do you see ANY flickering from your joystick? That's what is causing the problem.... Recalibrate and see if it goes away. Also- if your joystick allows- you can try setting larger a NULL ZONE.If it is occasionally- it might be related to the MSFS weather loading. If you are near critical flight altitudes and MSFS loads extreme weather changes- you might see the autopilot disconnect as the airplane exceepds a high/low speed parameter. (Do a search on WEATHER in this forum and you'll find a more detailed explanation of what MSFS is doing to cause this misery....)Let us know how it works out for you!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest fsdave

thanks Robert, i think that seems to be the problem. I'm flying tonight so i'll let you know how i get on :)

Guest fsdave

Hi all, just flown again and i think the problem's solved. I adjusted the null zone of my joystick and now everything seems fine. At the start of the flight though, i had the null zone set too high and i was pulling back my joystick for about half an hour before i rotated. :D Thanks again for all the help.

If you have a registered FSUIPC by the way it has a ton of stuff for calibrating the joystick much more thoroughly than Windows does...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com