Sign in to follow this  
CapnOz

Support question.Eicas: Yellow Autobrake light on.

I have searched the forum. Could some explain to me why the Autobrake light stays on? I have made sure that there are no failures set. Also the autobrakes dont deploy upon landing. What could it be?thanks

Peter Osborn

Peter,Do you have pedals or some other game control assigned for the brake axises? If so it is probably a poorly calibrated game control. Autobrake will disarm whenever brake pedals are used.Hope it helps,

Thanks. I thought that might be it too...I did CTRL+K ( diable joystick) and the autobrake message is still there.What do you think?thanks

Peter Osborn

Peter,I think you need to reset the Autobrake after disabling the game controller. Did you do that?Another possibility might be a corrupt panel save file if you are starting the 744 from a saved state.Hope it helps,

Assuming you have hydraulics (#4), IRS in NAV, and electrics...Any of the following will trip off the autobrakes:Any throttle not at idleManual braking appliedAnti-skid/Autobrake faultsSpeedbrake lever manually stowed after being deployedCheers.Q>

Thank you.Ok... none of this is working. Should i do a fresh reinstall?My auto brakes ONLY work in RTO. Even with my Pedals diabled, no autobrakes except RTO.Im thinking maybe its a corrupt file. Auto Brakes seem to work fine in other add ons.. and I had them working fine BEFORE I upgraded my hardware, reinstalled FS9 and all my PMDG products.

Peter Osborn

Peter-A re-install is a waste of your time, unless you enjoy that sort of thing!If you are receiving an amber message- then it indicates that something is wrong.You didn't answer whether or not you were getting this only in a saved flight- or if you get it no matter whether you start with a new "Creat a Flight" etc...If it happens all the time- I'm betting you have something amiss in your hardware setup and/or key combinations that is causing it to disengage.The most common cause is having your throttle incorrectly calibrated. If your throttle is mechanically at the idle stop- but windows thinks it is further forward- then the autobrake will trip constantly.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

I think it might be helpful to explain your exact operations and when you get the autobrake warning and/or a cockpit screenshot with the respective subpanels shownEdit: only a guess but could it be that you move the autobrake switch only one click to the right? This would mean you disarm them and that would explain the warning and no deployment at TD. Make sure the switch is in 1,2,3,4 or max position

Thank you.Robert, I may not have mentioned, but it does this rather saved flight or newly created. Also, Even if i disable the joysticks , i still get the message. So it CANT be the throttles, or any hardware.I am aware of how to properly operate the Autobrake switch etc. The key combination maybe the problem. Can you think of any combinations that may cause this?

Peter Osborn

Ok,More info. I loaded from a new created flight at KSEA. I set RTO for takeoff. I tried to set AUTOBRAKE 2 for landing in KPAE.I had the usual amber message and No Autobrakes.After I landed ...I turned around on the active, and before takeoff I was able to set AUTOBRAKE 2 ( yes i know, not RTO). I set 2 instead of RTO to see if the autobrakes would work. Now here is the problem. The auto brakes only engage, be it ANY postion, ONLY while on the ground. Once airborne....the amber message appeared and I was unable to use the autobrakes. It appears the autobrakes only work on the ground.Any ideas?

Peter Osborn

Problem fixed, There is a problem with my keyboard, and the period. I reassigned the Apply/release brakes to the comma, restarted fs9. works fine now.. thank you all..

Peter Osborn