Sign in to follow this  
Guest samuel150892

EHAM not in FMC

Guest samuel150892

I have had the PMDG 747 for a couple of weeks and i just done a flight from EGLL to EHAM. when i put EHAM into the FMC it said not in database. can somebody plz help me.Also how do u put the ILS freequency and the ILS runway hdg in manually as i can't find how to do this.Thx for all imput.

Guest 744nut

Hi,You better download the latest nav database (see PDMG website) regardsTon

Hi SamuelTo manually enter the ILS of a runway, the correct format for the 747 series is:frequency/course so for say EGSS it would be110.5/048 or 110.5/228 then just enter it through the lsk button next to the ils position on the fmc.regardsJohn CallejaBAW 352

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest samuel150892

I can't find the nav database on the PMDG website could u say were about it is. ive looked all over.

Hoi, at the PMDG homepage it's at the bottom of the page, called AIRAC Cycle 0513 for 737NG and 747-400 released...but is it possible to add other navigation data / airfields, like for example Peter McLeland's fictional airfield?

Wrong place... oops

Guest samuel150892

sorry for this but ime still confused on how to enter the ILS freequency and hdg in manually. I need more detailed dicription on it plz.thx

Guest SAS449

With the installation of the 747 comes a pretty thorough descrition of tyhe FMC which is in the operations manual. Suggest you read it before posting your questions.

Guest tmanaon

I have found that the EHAM issue is not a Navdata issue. I have all the AIRAC cycles up to 513 (i beleive that was the last one before the navdata site stoped providing it) yet my EHAM data is always inaccurate. When i go to force it by manually entering frequencies in the FMC, my pc freezes. This has happened since i bought the PMDG 747-400. I'm not sure what to do about it and have avoided flying in and out of EHAM. It is definitely not an "update data" type of issue.Anthony

Hallo Anthony,It's not the navdata, but it's the scenery that is probably the culprit. The EHAM default scenery is very old. Since then the polderbaan (36L, 18R) has been added, the north/south runways have been renamed and a number of ILS frequencies have been changed. I am using Cloud9 with the 737NG and have no problems.Success,--pim

Guest tmanaon

Hi Pim,Is there anyplace to find scenery to overlay the default EHAM scenery? Is cloud9 scenery?Anthony

Guest 744nut

Hi Anthony,Amsterdam, Schiphol 5th runway Polderbaan for default scenery EHAM library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004scen&DLID=35697Amsterdam, Schiphol, tower for new runway library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004scen&DLID=50784regardsTon

Guest tmanaon

Thanks Guys.Anthony