Sign in to follow this  
Guest FooFighter

Is PMDG and Flight Environment compatible?

Guest FooFighter

HiI am looking to purchase Flight Environment and also the new Ground Environmen.I was wondering if these would be compaible with the PMDG 737 and 747 products.I remember having read that the 747 is not really recommended to be used with weather generating programs.Does Flight Environment include this typoe of app?Thanks,Gian

Gian,I have both PDMG 737 & 747 and both Environment add-ons. They work perfectly together. No framerate issues whatsoever.Regards, Eric (EHGG)

Hello,I never had any problem using PMDG B744 together with Active Sky. It is generating actual weather for more better than the very basic weather updates in MSFS. Temperature and wind layers are a lot smoother and realistic. B. rgdsMichel

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

I am using both Active sky 6 and Flight environment together with the PMDG744 (pax and F) and never had any issues concerning compatibility.

Gian,Flight Environment is not a weather generating program. It's more of a weather enhancing ditto.If you want a nice weather generating program I would recommmend Active Sky. The last couple of version contains both the generating and the enhancing part.All of these works fine with the products from PMDG.

Guest FooFighter

Thanks for the replies guys.I am going to get these I think,Regards,Gian

>Gian,>>Flight Environment is not a weather generating program. It's>more of a weather enhancing ditto.>>If you want a nice weather generating program I would>recommmend Active Sky. The last couple of version contains>both the generating and the enhancing part.>>All of these works fine with the products from PMDG.So it is not really necessary to use both Active Sky AND Flight Environment ?But CAN they used together ?

William,You are right on the money:You don't *need* FE with ASV or ASv6 but they *can* be used together.Cheers,

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

just my two centsbut I think a flightsim is not a flightsim without ASv6.If theres any addon you should buy, then its ASv6, it is a must have for any1 who cares about realism since the default wx engine doesnt even by far provide you realistic weather feeling.

>So it is not really necessary to use both Active Sky AND>Flight Environment ?>>But CAN they used together ?>They can. But frankly I see no need for FE since Active Sky gives me awesome skies and clouds and it has all this stuff built right into it.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gifhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

>They can. But frankly I see no need for FE since Active Sky>gives me awesome skies and clouds and it has all this stuff>built right into it.FE gives you awesome water effects ( including reflections and dynamic waves). And it also provides a nice set of sunset /sunrise textures wich are amazing too. I would suggest it to any1 who likes eyecandy

Thank you, GentsReally appreciate your quick answers.