Sign in to follow this  
OneTon

PMDG 747-400F CD Version

Hello,Please sign your posts with your real name in when posting in the PMDG forum, according to PMDG forum guidelines pinned at the top of the forum. Thank you.There are no immediate plans to release the 400F on CD ROM.Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

I sent PMDG an email, asking this question.And got an reply from Mr.Randazzo saying that it is unlikely that the 744F will be boxed. The reason being that stores are hesitant to bring in new products for FS9, as FSX is only 9 months away!!??I think this is a sad news :-(As much as I love my 744 and would like to complete her with the 744F, I wont be buying a download version that requires the Sim-PC to be hooked to the internet (this reply is written on a PC at work and I dont have internet at home). I had one #### of a time installing the 744 (by no means PMDG's fault) and put in over 12 hours of work until I finally got her to work. Had to completely uninstall everything (29gb on my D: drive) and even had to reformat my D: drive and install everything again!! As I said not a fault of PMDG but a fault of corrupted registry. But I can't imagine the hassle of going thru all this and have to activate all my scenery and stuff (all payware) on the internet!!This is just my reason for not going to buy a download version, I'm shure others have other specific reasons and even others have no reasons and will buy a download version.I think it is far shortsighted if stores are reluctant to bring in a boxed 744F and 9 months is a whole lot of time to sell the Freighter by the thousands!!Golli.

Guest dingerbell35

Dear Mr Randazzo,I completely agree with the comments made by Golli.I too only have internet commection on my work computer, & judging by Golli's experience I won't be trying to download the 744F.I fully appreciate the financial considerations that have to be made when releasing a boxed CD version of any product, but in my view it would be interesting to know how many boxed versions of the 744 have actually been sold.But I guess that's already been considered by someone on a much higher pay scale than me anyway!!I think PMDG will 'miss a trick' here as Golli says:"I think it's shortsighted if stores are reluctant to bring in a boxed 744F and 9 months is a whole lot of time to sell the Freighter by the thousands!!"RegardsSteve B.