Sign in to follow this  
Guest airassult

The most saddest day for me.

Guest airassult

Dear fellow flightsimmers, Between last night and today, I had a major computer crash. Thought I save all my purchased download addons programs for flightsim in a certain folder on my D- drive. Now guess what? I didn

If you almost cry or consider it the saddest day in your life over something like this I wonder what would you do if you say lost a family member in an accident or due to illness. I guess you must be too young to know what a real 'crisis' is. Honesty, pull yourself together, in the large scheme of things your problems are imaginary. Next time have things on a CD or pay a token amount for link re-activation.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gifhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

A cautionary tale of backing up all your purchases. Although like Michal said, I hope you're being deliberately melodramatic here. A lot worse could happen to you! :-)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest SAS449

I would probably say some things to myself which are not suitable to put in writing, and curse myself for not copying all of purchased software on a CD before I even installed them. But I wouldn't blame anyone else for my own mistake.Then I'd go downstairs and pour a steady whisky, and perhaps shead a tear.Good Luck!

Guest airassult

A family lost be a catastrophy, but that didn

The year was probably 1999 or 2000. Does anyone recall the name of the fellow who was developing the very first aircraft add-on (it was 757) for the then brand new flight simulator called FLY!. It was freeware and was very highly regarded considering technology at the time, Avsim wrote an extensive review. While working on his 757 panel he was also reporting on his young daughter's fight with cancer on the FLY! forum. She ultimately lost this battle and he completely withdrew from this community. Unfortunately forum archives and Avism's review pages do not go that far in the history so I can not recreate his name. His 757 is no longer in the library (very sad). I believe his last name started with "M". Anyone remembers his full name?Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gifhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

Guest rds_mcleod

>The year was probably 1999 or 2000. Does anyone recall the>name of the fellow who was developing the very first aircraft>add-on (it was 757) for the then brand new flight simulator>called FLY!. It was freeware and was very highly regardedAre you referring to Richard Harvey? Look at the top of your AVSIM screen and you'll see the the Richard Harvey Scholarship Fund page, and I believe it was Richard that suffered the disease.Ron_CYEGhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_pf.jpg

Guest rds_mcleod

>Nope. I know who Richard Harvey was. As you can read my post>I was talking about a daughter of one of the add-on>developers.>Well, was Richard Harvey not the developer for Fly!, and if not, which sim did he develop? Thanks,Ron_CYEGhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_pf.jpg

One evening the hard drive where I keep all the several thousands worth of add-ons that I've bought, refused to start claming some error with the boot sector. When it hit me my mind got totally blank and I felt almost as if I had a high fever. Fortunatelly I managed to repair it and now I have copies of my add-ons on three different hard disks as well as on DVD-disks. Hard disks WILL sooner or later go down.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Ah the joys of computer troubles!! There is probably nothing worse than loosing all your information if you dont have a backup system in place. it will never happen to me right? :) i occasionally backup stuff but i have a PMDG 747 backup cd in with my boxed versions of the 737 so i cant misplace it :) Its a pain alright and im sure you'll learn the hard way to back up the important things onto CD in the future, >I guess>you must be too young to know what a real 'crisis' is.>Honesty, pull yourself togetheraint that a bit harsh Michael? im sure he was just trying to express what a lot of people experience at some point or other, although in the relative scheme of things its minor, it is a right ol pain in the rear end :)

Guest airassult

Well, Here I am again fellow simmers.This time The most happiest day for me. I have been lucky enough that I was able to re-download the products. I would like to give my upmost appreciation to the Precision Manuals Support Team. I have saved these dowloads to my second harddisk as well as on cd. I am now able to retun to the skies with my favorite aircraft. Now as a token of my appreciation I do promise to make a purchase at release or soon after for the next upcoming project. When I do I will post again confirming my agreement. Thanks to everyone. Right now I have updates to install and then I need to seek out a flight planner. I had previously Fs Build,but it will cost me for the extended download period and I

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

man you guys take it too searious. I think saying "this was the worst day of my life" was not meant litteraly. Of course there are plenty horrible things out there that can happen to you and most of them are worse than loosing your PMDG software. But I dont think thats the place to talk about such stuff.

Guest airassult

Hi everyone, Let me see if this helps. I only meant what I said as an expression of my feelings. I do realize that there are far worst things that could have happened. You see, My only hobbie is flightsimming as I do this daily.Before work and after. Nothing feels so relaxing than being above the clouds. I am also happily married for 13yrs and my wife was the one to introduce me to flightsimulation. She loves TV and as soon as one of her programs comes on, she