Sign in to follow this  
Guest ciropv

737 Cockpit volume

Guest ciropv

Hi all.I am having some problems with cockpit volumes and I would like to know if someone know how to edit this volumes (if it can be done) separately.The switchs clicks are too loud, the GPWS is shouting (speccially the below Glide-slope alert wich is too, tooo, tooooooo loud), although I can hardly hear the F/O speeds callouts during the take-off roll.Thanks a lot,Ciro

Guest rds_mcleod

>I am having some problems with cockpit volumes and I would>like to know if someone know how to edit this volumes (if it>can be done) separately.Ciro:In FS9, go to the PMDG tab (top of screen) and look under O)ptions. You will find what you're looking for in there.Ron_CYEGhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_pf.jpg

Guest ciropv

Hi RonThanks for your reply, but I already knew that. The problem is that there I can decide if I want to listen or not each kind of sound, and the general volume of all of them. The problem is that I hear some of them too low (v1/vr callouts), others fine ("pull up"), and others tooooooo laud ("Glideslope").Thanks, Ciro>>I am having some problems with cockpit volumes and I would>>like to know if someone know how to edit this volumes (if it>>can be done) separately.>>Ciro:>>In FS9, go to the PMDG tab (top of screen) and look under>O)ptions. You will find what you're looking for in there.>>>Ron_CYEG

Guest rds_mcleod

>of sound, and the general volume of all of them. The problem>is that I hear some of them too low (v1/vr callouts), others>fine ("pull up"), and others tooooooo laud ("Glideslope").>Ciro: Oh, now I understand what you're getting at. I haven't figured a way of controlling those two warning levels either, and that's probably because "in the real world', especially in a jet with slow spool-up times, there should be NO DOUBT that you've descended below 2-dots of the glide slope, or that your about to buy a lot of unwanted real-estate if you don't do something quickly! Cap't Tarmack has commented (way back when in one of his posts) that it was airline policy that should the pilot go beyond 2-dots of the ILS, an immediate G/A was to be undertaken. That policy was apparently 'drilled' into all new pilots.Ron_CYEGhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_pf.jpg

Guest shaheedan

>Oh, now I understand what you're getting at. I haven't>figured a way of controlling those two warning levels either,>and that's probably because "in the real world', especially in>a jet with slow spool-up times, there should be NO DOUBT that>you've descended below 2-dots of the glide slope, or that your>about to buy a lot of unwanted real-estate if you don't do>something quickly! Cap't Tarmack has commented (way back when>in one of his posts) that it was airline policy that should>the pilot go beyond 2-dots of the ILS, an immediate G/A was to>be undertaken. That policy was apparently 'drilled' into all>new pilots.- How about 737 during touchdown, also got "Buzzer sound" ? that sound until now, nobody can tell me how to disable that sound. if i delete that sound file, i get error during aircraft loading.RegardsShaheedan

You try turning down the sound using a .wav editor?

Guest ciropv

Hi RonIn some airports (try GCLP03L) when you go visual on final, if you follow the PAPI, on the last mile (or maybe two miles) you are far below the GS... (FS curious behaviours).Until we have the "GPWS G/S" switch operational... I have unchecked the "aural warnings" in the PMDG Menu.I think I was expecting some ".wav" that I could edit... but I think that sounds are hard coded in some .gauAnyway, thanks for your replies RonSeeUCiro>and that's probably because "in the real world', especially in>a jet with slow spool-up times, there should be NO DOUBT that>you've descended below 2-dots of the glide slope, or that your>about to buy a lot of unwanted real-estate if you don't do

Guest rds_mcleod

Ciro:What I usually do is hold altitude if I see that I have been vectored to final with an altitude that is much lower than what I figure is actually required. Eg. 28L at KSFO. I'll start the descent (let's say I've been cleared to 1900'), and I'll hold ALT at say 3000' and wait for the A/P APR to capture the glideslope for final. Once ATC has cleared you for the APR you can pretty much do as you want (at least in FS9). In real conditions, ATC would be "waiting for you" if you deviated from what you were given. Ron_CYEGhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_pf.jpg