Sign in to follow this  
paulbakeman

Printed Manual in the Boxed Version??

Hello All,Can someone tell me if the boxed version of the 737-600/700 comes with a printed manual? On the PC Aviator website under the PMDG 737-600/700 product features, it says an "extensive printed manual." Is this actually a printed and bound version of the whole manual, or are they just saying that the manual comes as a .pdf file on the CD, ready for printing? Thanks!!Paul

Guest Clansman

Hi Paul,Yes it does. I have both 737NG and 800/900 boxed addons and they both pack with 2 printed manuals each: a general one and another specific for the FMC.However, thei're just quick guides. You'll really want to print the 300+ page pdf that comes in the cd.Cheers,Pedro Venda.

Thanks for the info, Pedro! Would you say that I'm better off then to just download the 737 directly from the PMDG website, rather than pay a little more for the boxed version with the quick guides? I already fly the PMDG 747-400/-400F, Level D 767, and Feelthere/Wilco 737-300, so I'm familiar with systems, FMC, etc. I'm thinking that the quick guides really won't give me anything new??Paul

I have both 737NG suites as packaged by Aerosoft on CD.If you search in this forum a few people lost their downloaded installations and were upset when they had to pay a service fee to PMDG for a new key and download , or something similar.The CD versions avoid the download and downloaded key mess. I do not recall an activation key for the CD.Another important difference is that the Aerosoft 800/900 package is stand-alone. You do not need the 600/700 version although the CD 800/900 will upgrade the CD 600/700 panel guages if you wish to have both and full features for both (such as TCAS on the ND, not implemented on the 600/700 only.The quick guides are handy but it appears a few more features are implemented in the 1.3 versions than is stated in the FMC Guide for each.The complete operations and performance documentation is still provided in the .pdfs such as the various take-off and landing runway requirements for the various gross-weights.Now I only have dial-up and wanting a CD version was an easy choice for me. Since these can be reinstalled that firmed it up for me.(And yes, I do duplicate my hard drive - bit for bit, virus for virus - as a full image to a standby off-line drive.)If you get the Aerosoft CDs, go to their site, product FAQ, and locate the link to a small service pack for the CD version.

Guest Clansman

>Thanks for the info, Pedro! Would you say that I'm better>off then to just download the 737 directly from the PMDG>website, rather than pay a little more for the boxed version>with the quick guides? I already fly the PMDG 747-400/-400F,>Level D 767, and Feelthere/Wilco 737-300, so I'm familiar with>systems, FMC, etc. I'm thinking that the quick guides really>won't give me anything new??>>PaulHi paul,Sorry for the delay (1 month).The boxed version is a little more than just a CD and 2 small manuals. It's an original pressed CD (much longer lifespan) in a pretty box (better for the showoff :-p).I've bought both boxed versions of the 737 and to be honest it was a waste of money*. If you cherish a box and insist on having the whole NG range (600,700,800,900), buy the 600/700 online, *don't forget to transfer it into a CD along with all your preferred liveries* and buy the boxed 800/900.Also keep in mind that the boxed 800/900 *can be installed standalone*, i.e. doesn't need the 600/700 unlike the downloaded version.*: Not at all referring to the software itself, just to the 2 boxed versions!!Cheers,Pedro Venda.