Sign in to follow this  
Guest FooFighter

Looking for a quick learning documentation for 737 or 747

Guest FooFighter

HiI was just wondering besides the excellent documentation that comes with the products? Is there perhaps some compressed or quick start documentation or guide to get you up and running regarding making your first FMC flight using either the B737 or B747?Thank you,GianP.S Being a bit lazy I am but also short on time hence the question :) so if there is and someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.... Thanks!!!

Hey Gian,for everything 747 http://smithplanet.com/fs2004/pmdg/also id recommend Roberts Type Course Rating lessons , the first two were a great read and full of useful information. Once you get to grips on the 747 FMC the 737 FMC is pretty much the same in regards to programming the route etc and pre flight setup. We all have scratched our heads at some point in learning the FMC, its one of the major hurdles in switching from freeware to PMDG products, but keep at it once you get to grips with it you wont look back :)

For the 737 pmdg_flight_tutorial_v2.zip in the Avsim file library is well worth a serious read. An excellent manual and fully illustrated.

Guest FooFighter

Hi AllThanks for the info and the links.Will surely try this and hopefully perform a succesfull flight this weekend.Cheers,Gian

Guest Clansman

>Hi All>>Thanks for the info and the links.>>Will surely try this and hopefully perform a succesfull flight>this weekend.>>Cheers,>GianHi Gian,About the 737 you have an excelent website: http://www.b737.org.uk with lots of technical information and lots of detail photos. It's THE technical resource for the 737.Cheers,Pedro Venda.

Guest Smoot178

Great guide (except I must have done something wrong since the approach never seemed to end and I ended ip going in circles with 'terrain' and 'pull-up' coming at me ever few seconds. What a nightmare!)

For the 744 there

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

>There is Timothy Metzingers excellent tutorial for the 737>available at: >http://www.simradar.com/File/2394/PMDG_737...ons_Manual.html>>>Supposed to be on Avsim as well, but I couldn't find it here.>>There are also the 747 Type course docs on the PMDG site (see>posts above). Two out and a third coming soon.>This is actually verson 1 of Tim's tutorial. Version 2 is much improved. Tim had to ask that both be pulled from general public distribution sites due to a copyright issue with charts. I have a copy of version 2 of Tim's Advanced Operations Tutorial for the PMDG 737NG. I can only provide it on a one-on-one basis. So just send me and e-mail at aviator47@comcast.net and I'll provide you with a link from with you can download a copy. This is, by far, the best tutorial I've found for the PMDG 737NG series. If you do the entire thing from start to finish, you'll be very proficient at operating the aircraft.

Dave Paige