Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

747 tcas

Im reading the aircraft manual, specifically aircraft systems page 11-69 and it says that the tcas system must be set to either ta or ta/ra to show traffic, but when i turn the knob i still dont see any traffic where there should be some. Any ideas as to what im missing or doing wrong.ThanksGerry

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Gerry:If set realistically in the PMDG options menu- TCAS will show ONLY conflicts- not all traffic- perhaps that is the issue? Should you want the more cluttered/unrealistic version, that can be selected as well.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 - FSGS System Unification | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia XBR | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | Bose Companion 5 | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Thank you Carl, That was exactly it.Thanks again Gerry

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

"Should you want the more cluttered/unrealistic version, that can be selected as well."Cluttered, but not unrealistic. Qantas has TCAS version 7, but still shows non-threatening traffic. On the other hand, Qantas doesn't show any targets outside +/- 2700 feet.Cheers.Q>

What we have now is absolutely UNREALISTIC - the threatening traffic will show up far too close with no realistic ability to follow the advisories - the QF version is the realistic version showing all traffic +/- 2700ft.One of our pilots in my old company once said that TCAS is the best invention in aviation - our new version ( after update ) is useless...Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Fosterhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

"One of our pilots in my old company once said that TCAS is the best invention in aviation - our new version ( after update ) is useless..."Are you saying the new version of TCAS in the real world is useless??? (or in PMDG?)Cheers.Q> Ян

Sorry - this was misunderstandable....The PMDG version ( after update ) is not practicable ( a more friendly way to say it ... ) Yesterday I had a T/A : same level , head on ( 45 degrees ) and with a notice of about 10 seconds !!!Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Fosterhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg