Sign in to follow this  
Guest samuel150892

Vnav FMC message no CRGaltitude

Guest samuel150892

Ive have read the manual 10 time now on the FMC but when in the vnav part on the FMC i put in the stuff ect and when i am taking off i hit the vnav and i have a FMC message saying something like perf/vnav no crg altitude. well someone close to that. I am not sure what ime missing so could anyone point me in the right direction please?Thanks for all replies

Guest fonz

what i found extreamly helpful is the "lesson 1". it helped me understand what the FMC is all about. this lesson guides you through the proper setup of the FMC. we all want to kick the tires and lite the fires. but for me, half the fun is running through the check lists and clicking the switches...lol...AMD 4000+ clawhammer. MSI diamond plus MoBo. 2G corsair platinum. 320g WD HDD. NEC DVD. 20in widescreen LCD monnitor. windows 64 bit pro. EVGA 6800GS............................al

samuel. your message is cryptic. try to get the specific fmc message and post it here verbatim. it will help us better help you. and what do you mean by "stuff"? there is a lot of "stuff" on the fmc. be specific. what do you "put in" the fmc? are you entereing a CRZ altitude? i think this is what your problem is. is it "NO CRZ altitude"? if it is, then you aren't entering a CRZ Alt on the perf init page.also, arm your VNAV before take off. that way, if there is an error, you will know it and deal with it BEFORE you are airborne. tom

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

If the FMC says perf/vnav unavailable you have most likely forgotten to insert data in the FMC somewhere. Make sure you have filled in data into every section ( Perf/TO etc..)

Guest samuel150892

OK i have entered as much info as possible but i still get perf/nav CRZ alitude unavailable. I checked the FMC and everything seems right. I do not no where i am going wrong.

what aircraft are you referring to? forgot to ask that last time. obviously something is going awry. be more specific. tom

Guest samuel150892

The plane ime on about is the 747-400.

Guest samuel150892

OK ill say all the problem again. In the fmc i go to the inite ref and put in the ZFW ect and in the CRZ altitude FL300. I then go to the takeoff page and sort that out and then do the routes page in the RTE and go to the second page in RTE and put the sids stars ect. then i go to the vnav page and it alrdy has the FL300 in the CRZ altitude on all pages of the vnav part. I then activate it all and press the vnav to make sure it works, but then the FMC comes up with a message saying: Perf/VNAV no CRZ altitude BUT ive put it in where i possibly can. I check the FMC again and press the VNAV again but it still comes up with the message. I do not no what ime doing wrong.This gets me annoyed when i keep trying something and it never works

Sam,Are you having a continuous route? You still don't give us much data to go on. What data are you using when inputing your route? You definitely have the FMC setup badly if you get this message. Maybe you can share some screenshots of your CDU pages during FMC programming?Hope it helps,

Guest samuel150892

ok, i got the screenshots. In the screenshots i have programmed it from KSEA going to KLAX.In this last pic in the CRZ altitude and max altitude i can't put anything in for some reason. If u know what the problem is can u point it out and if u can't can u programme ur FMC for KSEA to KLAX and show me some pics of the setup. Thanks

SAm,I see one culprit. When you program the FMC you have to enter values in all places where you have boxes. In your case I see boxes for the COST INDEX entry. The cost index is crucial for the FMC. This will basically tell the FMC how fast/or slow you want the flight to go, or in other words how much or little fuel you will burn. And also provide data for optimum altitudes. Enter a value of say 65 in the COST INDEX LSK.That should do it. Also check your legs page for any DISCOs (discontinuities) and make sure the route is continuous from start to finish. Remember... No boxes on the CDU pages and you are good to go! ;-)Hope it helps,

Guest samuel150892

Ok thanks for the post ill try it later after my favourite program finishes :DI just hope it works. I was wondering what the cost value was for. If this doesnt do it, i am gonnah go mental. But think positive and it should work lol

Guest samuel150892

YESSSSSS IT WORKS. TY TY TY. I done a perfect landing, the best ive ever done. Thanks for helping me i really appreciate it.:D :D :D :D