Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rwilson

737 Paint Kit problem

Guest Rwilson

hi all,i have the 737NG, plus the paint kit, so, does anyone know when after i've painted each aircraft part such as the left and right fuslage and engines into one file, then make them into a livery so i can find it on my 737 livery menu in the main FS9 aircraft selection? I've painted with photshop but i still have no idea how to transform the files. If you don't know what i mean please say.thanks, robbie

Guest samuel150892

Have u got DXTBMP? This is what i use to convert them. If u havnt got it search on google and put in DXTBMP. It is simple to use. To put the files into FS look at how the other paint files are put in and look in the aircraft CFG file to get an idea on how to put it in.Hope this helps

Guest Rwilson

thank you, but this is very confuesing. why don't PMDG make things simple. i might aswell give up and use the liveries i've got. unless you have time to explain the steps to add my multipule designs into DXTBMP and into my FS9 2004 file.robbie

Guest samuel150892

PMDG can not make it any simpler. It is like this for all aircrafts. When i first starting repainting it was VERY VERY hard to understand what goes where ect. I had some problems starting off so dont worry about it. What u do is get the repaint kit oviously. Then do your paint then save it. Then u open DXTBMP and open the file of the repaint that u did. Then once it is opened, save it as Extended bitmap. Now u have to look at the 737 folder to see how it is put togeather because i dont repaint the 737 so i dont no what the CFG file looks like. sorry if this is confusing but read it a good few times. BTW i aint good at explaining things lol

Guest Rwilson

thanks, but one more problem. When i open the photoshop file with all my designs in it, the file apperars blank in the main DXTBMP page. Do I save the photoshop file as a TARGA file which i done before so it will appear on the DXTBMP screen? Also, where is the 737 folder? Sorry with all the questions.robbie

Guest Rwilson

I've just tried saving the file as an extended bitmap, but when i open it, it says "drawing failed". Am i doing something wrong?robbie

Guest samuel150892

Ok ime not sure on this as ime still learning to paint aswell, not sure what your doing wrong. Go to the forum aircraft painting on avsim ime sure there are a bunch of people know what your doing wrong.

Guest Rwilson

ok, thanksrobbie