Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Autothrottle switches off suddenely?

Just a little question: I am right now in a cruise and for some reason (I dont have FS open in front all the time), at one moment A/T wasn't holding the speed any more. I have had all the right annunciations (SPD/LNAV/VNAV PTH) throughout the cruise, but for some reason, this moment I came back to check things, speed was too high, so I had to reset A/T switch and press VNAV again. Why did this happen?

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

Where you flying in ECON mode? And what do you my by saying speed was "too high". Was it just above the speed that AT should have been holding but still inside the operation limits or was it even a speed outside the operation limits?However, if you had your AT armed and the annauncatiors displaying the things you mentioned above this should not happen.btw nice hardware you have:o

ECON SPD .854. Too high meaning it was in the red area (AT was not holding the speed, I was able to control it with the joystick, which you are not usually when AT is on).AT speed now is around 280 knots. It was at about 320-330 and still speeding up (luckily I have turned off crashes).Yes, I know it should have not happened. This is one of my many flights, and this same thing happened on some flights, not all. I just decided this time to ask... and I cannot find out why it happened. Was it caused by the weather perhaps? By me typing something else in some other window??

Guest UPS523

I had the same thing happen to me also today i was doing a flight from KEWR to EGPK the speed climbed into the overspeed red zone. I was in the air about 2hrs before this happened

I was also in the air for some time, although I don't know if it was exactly 2 hours.