Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrancoisH

[747-400] Standard procedures ?

Guest FrancoisH

Hello,I'm following a tutorial for this fabulous plane and I've some problems... first I find the climb rate set by the FMC really slow... second, I don't understand why when my tutorial ask me toput off the X-FEED system after take-off, I get a warning "X-FEED config"...If someone can help me on this two issues.Thanks !

Hi Francois, How slow is the climb rate exactly? If you're fully loaded then the aircraft will take a fair while to get up to cruise altitude. I've had climbs that took 160nm or more on occasion.As for the fuel pumps, are you using the PMDG fuel loader to fill the tanks? This is important as using the FS menu to load fuel will cause all sorts of problems. The manual will show you how to set the fuel pumps and cross-feeds. Alternatively, if you use the PMDG fuel loader the pumps and cross-feeds will be set automatically for you.Good luck!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest FrancoisH

I just remembered that I was in FULL Pax set up so for climb rate it's ok... but for fuel pumps, the tutorial I have ask me to set 1/3 fuel through PMDG menu, and take me through complete cold and dark start-up... But the same Tutorial ask me to change cross-feed configuration after take-off and change things, but when I do that, I get an "X-FEED" config alert on EFIS... so probably I forgot something in this tutorial, I'll make it again.And Is that normal that the VNAV set a speed that is a little above the overspeed limit ? (it only keep the maximum "normal" speed, it don't go overspeed but the bug is on the red area. Probably it just mean the FMC keep the best speed possible for current flight level.