Sign in to follow this  
Guest nik_the_greek

Lufthansa 747-400 with football nose?

Guest nik_the_greek

Hi everybody!Does anyone know where I can find the 747-400 operated by LH with the football nose? I tryed a search in the AVSIM library, but it didn't return any results.I believe the registration is D-ABVM.Thanks in advanceNik

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

actually there is no soccer nose paint for the PMDG 744 for what I know but there was an AWESOME Lufthansa repaint at avsim which looked (PMDG may forgive me) quite better than the ABVA repaint.Unfortunatly, I cant find it anywhere on avsim anymore;( But here´s a pick I got

yeah i remember seeing a few repaints including this one for the 744. They were simply outstanding. I didn't down load any because I don't have the queen but those repaints almost made me get the plane. Cheers.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Nik-I haven't seen that one- but would also love to see it. :-)I have my entire calendar cleared from 12JUN forward... Can't wait for World Cup to start. :-)On another, humorous note: Back in my management days at UAL we managed the ground services for LH at KIAD. D-ABVD diverted to KRIC for fuel on account of thunderstorms and hit a light post- doing significant damage to one wingtip....She was forever refered to as "The Claptrap" in reference to her reg number..... :-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest nik_the_greek

>actually there is no soccer nose paint for the PMDG 744 for>what I know but there was an AWESOME Lufthansa repaint at>avsim which looked (PMDG may forgive me) quite better than the>ABVA repaint.>Unfortunatly, I cant find it anywhere on avsim anymore;( >But here´s a pick I gotWhat a pitty really, that there isn't any LH 747 with the football nose.:(It looks really great... I know which repaint you are talking about! It is indeed superb. I exclusively fly with this repaint and an LH Star Alliance 747 I found on the AVSIM library.Well, maybe I can try out my repaint skills, and try to make the soccernose myself. Let's see what will happen.Thanks for the help anywayNik

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

talking about LH 744Does anybody know how many of them they actually got? I know the have BA through BZ + those T planes but how many are there after all?

Guest nik_the_greek

>talking about LH 744>Does anybody know how many of them they actually got?I think they've got 30 747-400. They used to have some 200's, but they were taken out of service in 2002 (i believe). LH Cargo also operated some 747-200F, but they now switched to MD11F's.Cheers Nik

Guest Matthias1975

Lufthansa has exactly 29 of the Boeing 747-400 :-)

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

Thx 4 reply