Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

question for PMDG users with Ultimate Terrain + mesh

Hi guys,I'm looking to get the F1 ultimate terrain packages plus some decent meshes for US and Europe.Have any PMDG 744/F owners experienced any conflicts or performance issues running both at the same time?Really like the look of the packages but I won't bother if it will reduce my 747 to a slideshow.Comments appreciated, thanks!Mark

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Mark,UT and Meshes will indeed require some performance from your PC and in extreme cases you might even notice the difference in FPS. Every add-on will do the same for that matter. But UT and Meshes are not really affecting the system that much so go ahead and enjoy it. There are worse things FPS wise like AI traffic :) On my system (AMD64 4000+ / ATI X1800XT / 2GB RAM / S-ATA RAID 0) UT, Mesh and PMDG planes are working together flawlessly...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest SKireyev

I had issues with UT, and uninstalled it completely off my system. I would get consistent OOM errors with UT enabled 5-6 hours into the flights. Got rid of UT, and no problems ever since. (That's even before they acknowledged and fixed the UTE bug). So, my advice...handle with care. I do recommend FSGenesis mesh, however.