Sign in to follow this  
Guest ZsB

"Fuel Used" info restart after touchdown

Guest ZsB

The Fuel Used counter in FMC (on progress page) has been restarted to count fuel using after touchdown... I remember, before the 400F service pack, it was remained in normal, so after parking i was able to write down the total fuel used information.Has anybody know the reason!?thx: zsolt baumann from hungary

Sounds like something is broken here. According to my notes, Fuel Used should remain until the next engine start (It will also disappear after a long term power loss).Cheers.Q>

Guest ZsB

OK! Something is wrong at my Queen, but what!? All other things goes well, no other problem inspected!?A new install!? Or something, what you suggest!?

Don't worry, Zsolt... The same is happening on my computer. Looks like something was overlooked during beta testing :(PMDG where are you???? )))Looks like you'll have to get a record of fuel burn prior to touchdown.Cheers.Q>

relating to beta testing... i've noticed that during t/o and landing cycles, pack B is always used, even when on auto. shouldn't it alternate between A and B?tomas

Tomas,You're correct. And it was working last time I checked. This was something I pestered RSR with during beta...lolAre you using an old saved panel state file perhaps? I know that can wreak havoc amongst the systems. Try creating a new 744 flight from scratch and report back.Hope it helps,

Hi Matt,Ah! I have been using an old panel state in fact. I'll start a new one from scratch, and will report back to you on this thread.Thanks for replying!Tomas

Guest ZsB

>Tomas,>>You're correct. And it was working last time I checked. This>was something I pestered RSR with during beta...lol>>Are you using an old saved panel state file perhaps? I know>that can wreak havoc amongst the systems. Try creating a new>744 flight from scratch and report back.>>Hope it helps,>And my problem!???zsolt

Zsolt,You got an answer to your problem several posts up from Q (Ian). I'm sure the dev team noticed and hopefully put it on the to-do list.Hope it helps,

Mats,I can report back to you that packs are alternating after touch down. i just had to create a new c&d like you suggested.thankstom

Guest ZsB

OK, I am sorry, than, thank you for your help. Have a good day.zsolt

Hi Mats,Just as a follow up to the last post, I created a fresh C&D by starting her up, completing a proper shut down, then saved panel as a new C&D.however, i just landed at VHHH from RPLL to continue to EGLL. And packs did NOT reset. All three packs are on A (I have it on automatic).any suggestions on how to create a fresh C&D? or, suggestions how to address this? thank you.Tomas

Tomas,I'm sorry I don't have any clues as to why your packs are behaving like this. Regarding the saved panel state file. I would make sure the default flight (loaded when FS starts, used to be the 172 at Meigs) doesn't use any old panel state file i.e. make sure your default startup scenario is loaded with a fresh panel state if you have the 744/F as default. Even if you change the panel to a separarate state before comensing the flight. Just a shot from the hip...

matswould you be so kind to explain how to ensure that the panel state is not old? i am not really sure how that is done. also, how does one make the 744 a default flight? thanks.tomas

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

>how does one make the 744 a default flight? create a flgiht using the default flight creation menu in FSSet your position, weather etc. and choose the PMDG 744(F) as your airplane. Now start the flight, after loading is complete and you are lined up with your queen on a runway ( or wherever you want her to be parked) save this flight and in the saving menu check the " define as default flight" box. Now everytime you load FS this flight will be your default one.