Sign in to follow this  
Guest sbdwag

FSD Talon Service Release - watch out!

Please - use the FSD forum for support.Maybe there is an issue with the software that appears on some non-English operating systems ... on some users systems there is a so far inexplicable updater error which reports an unexpected Registration error message. As Tim has said - there is NO registration required.Usually the error is reported because the user has re-named the original files or folders : the installer fails as it can't find expected files in expected places but in 0.05% of cases it is due to something we can't ascertain yet but which appears to be due to the presence of additional installed texture folders ...So far, about six (6) folks out of the 1,100 update users so far have reported this problem. It is, however, reportedly resolved by doing the following clean install :1. backup any additional texture folders;2. uninstall / delete the T38 and it's folder;3. reinstall the T38 from a folder OTHER THAN the desktop;4. install the update from a folder OTHER THAN the desktop;5. run the paint manager;6. restore the additional texture folders;7. run the paint manager again to configure the additional texture folders; and lastly8. copy the one .bmp texture file as described in the text file enclosed in the updater.This should see it update OK.Best,Steve

>An afterthought - you shoud rename your version of the aircraft.cfg file to aircraftORG.cfg before you drag and drop this file. You should then personally edit the new aircraft.cfg file using your changes which are now contained in the aircraftORG.cfg file.Bad advice. Save the menu entry texts if you really want to but the installer must replace this file.

Guest John_Hirsch

Not really bad advice, Steve. My work-around recommends that you run the install program into a temporary folder which will leave the new aircraft.cfg file in that temp folder. After you rename the original aircraft.cfg file to aircraftORG.cfg you can safely move the new aircraft.cfg file to its home without any problem and then do your editing. The installer does not place the aircraft.cfg file in your T38 folder, you do.

<<>>I'm a bit lost here, Tim. The whole point of this thread was that I couldn't. I tried, as I always do, to install to a temp directory of my choice, but it would only install to FSD T-38A under FS2002/AIRCRAFT.So was this just me? Is my Internet Security kicking in or something? Because if it loads at all, surely not.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest sbdwag

Also make sure you watch out for these other things related to the T-38>The best freeware offering ever created for Flight Simulator>The best freeware Virtual Panel ever created for Flight Simulator>The smoothest flying Military plane with the best flight dynamicsever offered for Flight Simulator Freeware or payware>Some of if not the coolest repaints ever offered for a military plane>Extremly easy on frame rates in all views. Gmax model>First plane with contrail effects tied to wing loading>First plane with flap position coordinated with elevator angle of attack.>The only plane with realistic pilots in both seats, >The best nightlighting both inside and outside of any plane anyone noticed the tail strobe flashing.>The only plane with realistic movement of the plexiglass dome awesome!>The only plane with realistic movement of the plexiglass dome in thevirtual panel view.Have you ever noticed how the closer the real life something is the features that make it that way become harder to identify. Thats because we are familiar with real life effects. These nuances seperating the very good from the very great become hard to identify Again be carefull and watch out for these they will get you if your not paying attentionDennis WaggonerKind of like the Old Navy commercial "Where can you find these""Where else! www.fsd-international.com"