Sign in to follow this  
MarkRey

Panel State Clarification pleeease

after major confusion with my autobrake not releasing upon landing (despite yellow eicas msg) I found MY custom saved C&D panel state was to blame somehow.So I deleted it and now just use the supplied c&d with no issues.I notice now however that when I load the Queen the INITIAL state has engines running - no big deal but why is that? I don't remember this from before and the change is a little confusing.Just curious as to what exactly determines the state in which the queen initially loads?I load her from 'create a flight' as advised by beta team member Dennis Di Franco.regards,MarkXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Mark-I'm not clear how a saved state might effect the autobrake, as the autobrake status is not saved when you create a saved state in the first place.... Do you still have the file you feel was to blame?I did not see/read Dennis' recommendation- but there are as many ways to enter MSFS as there are ways to eat an Oreo Cookie.... So I think that is more a matter of preference than not.It has been my experience that MSFS' handling of the "state of things" isn't always upright and vertical- but it's also my experience that when i see something goofy- I'm usually to blame and not the sim or the addon. :-)This afternoon, for example, I was demonstrating the 400F to a few friends who will likely be flying the airplane at UPS in the near future- and after showing them the wonderful MAAM Sim DC-3 (for fun!) I loaded the 400F and all 4 engines were shut down when they should have been running....I can't honestly say I've seen it go the other way- unless I dickered with it somehow. (When testing things- you do all kinds of absurd things to break stuff...)I just loaded up the C/D scenario here and have no issues with it... Loads normaly...Have you tried loading the sim, then using the "Select A Flight" menu?

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks for the reply Cap'n :) - I hear you saying then that the initial state SHOULD have engines running? If so well fine - and all is well loading the supplied c&d after that - no issues at all with autobrake or anything else.After a session with a complex addon I usually select a default plane like the 737 before quitting the sim - which a/c is then active when I reload the sim. Never use the 'select a flight' menu since I usually take off again wherever I last landed, hence 'previous flight' is my default flight.Not a clue why the autobrake siezes with this state but here the bugger is (attached).This is the original non-upgraded pax version - I'd love the F and upgrade but cannot honestly say I'm a longhaul Freighter kinda guy - saving my moolah for the FSX birds :) :)hmm - I seem to be a bit daft with this .sav attachment - perhapsthe contents will show:[Common]Description=Panel State contents for Saved Flight File: 744 Ramp.flt[FMC]FlightPhase=1[000]GrossWeight=-1000000.000000ReferenceFuel=87.944957FuelMode=1FuelModeConfirmed=1FuelDisagreeArmed=1SensedFuel=87.897075CalcFuel0=0.010388CalcFuel1=0.000000CalcFuel2=0.000000CalcFuel3=0.000000Reserves=-1000000.000000CostIndex=-1000000CruizeAlt=-1000000TransAlt=18000ThrustLim=1ArmedThrustLim=5SelTemp=-1000000AssumedOAT=0AutoThrustLim=1TOFlaps=-1000000V1=-1000000Vr=-1000000V2=-1000000ThrustReductionAlt=5EOAccelAlt=800ClimbMode=1ClimbSpeedTransitionAlt=10000ClimbSpeedTransition=250ClimbSpeedRestrictionAlt=-1000000ClimbSpeedRestriction=-1000000CruizeMode=1StepSize=0InputStep=0DescentMode=1DescentSpeedTransitionAlt=10000DescentSpeedTransition=240DescentSpeedRestrictionAlt=-1000000DescentSpeedRestriction=-1000000Rte0Active=0Rte1Active=0[FP0]TDSeq=0DesNow=0[FP1]TDSeq=0DesNow=0[iLSRadio.0]Unit=0Id=Frequency=0.00Position=---

Regards,

Mark

RE: Engines running:Since I saved the default 737 at a parking location with all shutdown and saved it making it the DEFAULT FLIGHT in the process, I can create a flight with the 737NG or load a saved flight without the engines running, even momentarily in the case of a saved flight. The default flight always loads in the background when FS starts and sets up many states.Perhaps that might help in your situation.

Ron,Thanks for the input but I've another q:'default flight' - what do we mean by this? :)fs9's 'default flight' is fltsim.flt - cessna, Seatac, engines running, where we all begin. Far as I know we can mod this flight any which way but must save our mods as some other name.flt. Fltsim.flt remains as it always was - Cessna, Seatac, engines running. This in my experience is the flight fs looks for if all else fails - hardcoded as far as I can tell.'make this the default flight' checkbox is for us to customize our starting location, aircraft etc by choosing a flight with the desired characteristics - for me this is 'previous flight' so I can start wherever I last landed.which of these is the holy grail 'default flight' that fs9 reads when initializing itself?regards,MarkXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

>>>>>>Extract from FSUIPC.LOG<<<<<>>>>>End Extract<<<<<<>>>>EXTRACT FROM FS9.CFG<<<<<<<<<<<<<<MAP_ORIENTATION=2PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1PageID=4OpenATCOnCreate=0SITUATION=C:Documents and SettingsRon GinsbergMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesKANE - ARROW III - SPRING - DAYDisplayFuelAsWeight=1SelectFlightLevel=0SelectFlightTitle=18>>>>>>>>>>>end extract<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks Ron for taking the time to explain all of that - lot of good info I can use. Looking at my own log 'previous flight' is my first loaded flight - engines are always off when I exit.Strange - I loaded fs9, default 734 active, selected another complex aircraft (engines were off), then the 734 again, and exited.I then restarted fs9, 734 active and loaded the 744 - engines now off.go figure - I certainly can't :)No matter anyway - engines on or off the aircraft works fine.Thanks againregards,Markhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark