Sign in to follow this  
Guest Martin

Problem with EditVoicepack

Guest Martin

I've been using this great and mostly reliable program for a while now, and have added a lot of callsigns and updated the voicepack (.gvp) several times without any problems. But recently I get an error every time I try to update the .gvp. The error message says that "Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds." I really don't have any idea what this means, but as I said there were no problems before.It's worth mentioning, probably, that apart from updating the .gvp with EditVoicepack (EVP), I have also decompiled it, made some changes (More specifically I changed the labels for new aircraft types and models from AC_NAME to ATC_NAME and from AC_TYPE to AC_MODEL. For some reason EVP got them wrong.), and compiled the .gvp again using the SDK. I don't know if that had any effect on EVP, but I think that I have successfully updated the .gvp using EVP after I compiled it using the SDK. (Confusing? :-))Thanks for any help,Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Guest tcable

I think that when I used it, I lost the speech for New York (as in NY Center) I have not fussed enough to get it back yet!Tim

Guest Martin

Hmm. It doesn't sound very likely that EVP would cause that, especially if you didn't mess with the phrases for New York... I have noticed that in several places the name falls off the "agent", so you only hear "contact Center" or something like that. I heard it tonight, I think somewhere in Texas. It was probably a sector of Houston or FTW centers that had become weird. So if it doesn't happen in all of NY Center, I think it's just another FS "glitch".Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Guest lmoelleb

I woke up :)Yes, there is typos in the identifiers for EditVoicepack for aircraft models and manufactures. I guess I jsut wanted to be consistent with Microsoft and never ever call it something it's also called somewhere else - after all, this might be logic :)I am working on the next version as e speak (ehh, right now I'm surfing, but I'm thinking about the next version) where this should be fixed.The next version is a rather major upgrade, so it should be ready somewhere between tomorrow and Christmas in 2067 - or said in another way: I do not have a clue, and I might be in the US for a couple of weeks soon, so that will delay it as well.For the lost agents mentioned here - I have never experienced this, but have heard people claim it happens. However until I can reproduce it I can't fix it.

Guest Martin

So the reason I'm having problems now is that I used EVP, then the SDK, and then EVP again? (I did get Tupolev and others to work as manufacturers by doing that, but now I can't add more callsigns to the .gvp.)Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Guest lmoelleb

It should work, but as soon as you have compiled the voicepack with the SDK, any sounds added with EditVoicepack are considered "standard" voices and should no longer be added. Yes, very messy - but the only thing I can do about it right now is work on the new version :)By the way, if you send your vcpmod files for tupolov etc to me, I will try to include it in the new version... And I will have some files to test with :)/Lars

Guest Martin

I deleted all the from EVP and now it works, it updates the voicepack without problems again, and I can add new callsigns.Tupolev was the only actual manufacturer that I added. (I added a few other that I could when buzzing around airports in ground vehicles, like Tractor for example.) I also added phrases for the Tu-134 and -154, and the Il-86, but it's just the numbers ("one five four" etc) so it's nothing fancy. Here is the file for Tupolev anyway, in .txt format (just change it to vcpmod but you know that :-)).Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing