Sign in to follow this  
Guest dingerbell35

744 Autobrake Issue

Guest dingerbell35

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,Have been flying 'The Queen' since she came out in the boxed format with very little in the way of issues that seem to be reported by many pilots on a regular basis.Untill the other day... after re-calibrating by Ch Pro Pedals using the FSUIPC Interface, the next time I landed(Autobrake 2 & 249500Kgs LWt) there seemed to be little or no response from the Autobrakes. I even increased the setting up to 4 and finally Max Auto... and nothing.I had previously saved some PMDG specific keys to increase/decrease the Autobrake settings.I then began to manually apply the toe brakes and modulate with Max Rev - had no other choice.On taxiing to stand I also noticed no increase in Brake Temp on the Lwr EICAS.I am now considering a full re-install (after copying all my SID/STARS, Rtes, Addon Liveries & A/C Config File data to somewhere safe!!).Does anybody have any ideas?Steve B.

You might want to change the dead zone settings through the CH Control Manager. With the default set up (ie dead zone zero), the brakes will activate through the tinest of inputs, and I was finding that the autobrakes were disarming by me just having my feet on the pedals for rudder steering.I have my dead zone set to about 30 for the axis that controls the brakes.

Guest dingerbell35

Phil,VMT for your prompt reply, I'll try that one & see what happens. The problem did not actually involve the Autobrake disarming - the just did'nt seem to function as they had done on all previous occasions.Steve B.

If the autobrakes didn't actually disarm it may indicate a different problem. Before I re-install the 747, I would try landing without my feet on the pedals or with the pedals unplugged, just to try and see where the problem is. If it works OK with the pedals removed, then its reasonable to assume that the pedals (or their configuration) is the problem. If it still has problems - a re-install might be the best option.

Gents-A reinstall is not going to change the behavior. If the airplane is not installed correctly- then it will not run.If it runs- then it is installed correctly- so you are looking for other interference from a saved flight, or more likely: hardware.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest dingerbell35

Dear Mr RANDAZZO,VMT for the tips, have been away on vacation but have just deleted several saved flight scenarios and fully re-calibrated my pedals and all Autobrake settings are now working, when I apply manual braking the Autobrakes disarm as they were designed to.Thanks once again.Steve B