Sign in to follow this  
Guest castleberg

Troubles with RTO

Guest castleberg

HelloI'm doing lesson 2 of the type rating with Rejected Take-offs. No matter what I do, I cannot get RTO to work. There have been two similar posts before, but these didn't help me either. I use a Saitek Cyborg Stick and the CH Pro Pedals. I switch on RTO and have the RTO message on the upper EICAS. I pull back the thrust lever of my joystick to idle at around 120 kts and switch off A/T by the mouse. The plane hardly gets slower. Only after reversers are on it slows down gradually. But I have to brake manually to stop before the threshold. I try this with both the Throttle Override option in the PMDG Menues aktiveted and deactivated. This is a little frustrating and your help would be much appreciated. Thanks and best regardsTom

Guest kw2p

Hi Tom,Firstly - I am so glad that someone else has the same problem as me - It would have been very strange to be unique!I still have the same problem :( (it was my previous posts maybe).Since these posts I have been in contact with Paul in support but to no avail. We tried everything - including brand new 747-400&747-400F downloads and many key/mouse combinations. I even completely uninstalled FS2004 and all my addons and reinstalled a new version of FS2004 with only the PMDG sim installed (747-400 and 747-400F) with no success. Paul was VERY helpful but in the end he cannot explain this phenomenon.My suggestion to you is probably to forgo this feature. Believe me it will drive you mad if you keep on trying.I was able to get RTO to work using windows 2000 no problem but not on my XP home version. Hopefully this phase of training will not be required that often.Sorry if this is not what you want to hear but......PS - if you DO get it to work let me know :)regards Kenny

Guest castleberg

Hello Kenny (and others)Thank you very much. Well I'm glad, too, not to be unique. I don't think I'll find the solution. I'm thinking it might be connected with the CH Pro Pedals. Don't know how, though. Tell me please, if at least the autobrake in a landing work correctly? Maybe there's still someone able to help us. RegardsTom

Guest kw2p

Tom,I don't have any pedals so i cant help you with that but maybethe pedals are sending a brake signal which would then automatically cancel the RTO braking?Autobrake on landing - hmmm I will need to double check when i get home to my pc. I usually brake manually but I'll set autobrake to 4 and see if it will stop me all the way. I'll get back to you (next week probably).Regards Kenny

Gents-I've helped a few folks that have complained of this same phenomenon- and both of them wound up having not followed the instructions.... Not saying that is your problem- but please carefully go through the procedure and be certain you know what you have set up in the PMDG Options menu....Also- it is worth suspecting your hardware- especially if you have customized settings that involve braking. We had a fellow a while back who had set up a botton on his joystick for brakes- and this button was randomly triggering a signal...as such- his autobrakes were not working as advertised.There is absolutely NO reason I can think of that you guys should uninstall/reinstall simply because you can't get something to work... If the sim runs- then it should not require reinstallation on account of something like this....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com