Sign in to follow this  
Guest kame

Help me please, on the TRC Lesson 3

Guest kame

Captain Randazzo,I have been flying PMDG 747 mainly with LNAV, VNAV autopilot, so that the Lesson Three is much valuable and useful for me.It describes ", so set your speed to 250 knots and press the SPD button to instruct the auto throttles to maintain this speed once you reach it." on the page 3-4.However, I cannnot set to the SPD mode with press the SPD button after pass 1000' AGL on the start from 'PMDG 744 TRC Lesson3 Part 1'. What is wrong on my work?Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Hi Kan-ichiro,Have you armed the Autothrottle? The switch is on the left end of the MCP panel.Cheers!mark

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest kame

Dear Mark,Thank you for your kind advice.A/T ARM, F/D ON and VNAV lit on the MCP as 'PMDG 744 TRC Lesson 3 Part 1.FLT' is.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Hi again Kan-ichiro,So when you press the SPD button, does the light on the button go Green?Do you get a SPD indication on the top of your PFD? (where the other auto-flight modes are shown)It would be useful to know if the mode is actually engaging and your hardware (throttle) is fighting it, or whether the mode is actually not engaging at all.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Guest kame

Thanks again Mark,Just after press SPD button is as below:Lesson3.jpgI am using THRUSTMASTER HOTAS COUGAR joystick and throttle.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Kan-Ichiro-I'm not certain which lesson/part you are referencing- however:You are in VNAV- during a portion of the climb in which VNAV SPD mode is engaged- as such the autothrottle is commanding full available thrust. Hence: THR REF.In your screenshot, VNAV has determined that it wants to initiate the climb at 250 knots, and is going to give you all available thrust in order to reach 250 knots- then it will modulate your climb rate in order to maintain speed.As I said- I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish- but the airplane appears to be doing what I would expect given your phase of flight.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest kame

Captain Randazzo,Thank you for your kind inastruction.As I said first, the lesson/part is Lesson 3 Part 1 page 3-4.I have doubts about A/T ARM and VNAV ON at the start of 'PMDG 744 TRC Lesson 3 Part 1.FLT'.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest kame

In the initial climb, how can I set to SPD mode from THR REF mode???Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

for what I know you can notHowever, you may set a speed restriction in the FMC´s VNAV climb page and Vnav will maintain this speed by changing pitch ,but thrust will stay constant.

>Captain Randazzo,>>I have been flying PMDG 747 mainly with LNAV, VNAV autopilot,>so that the Lesson Three is much valuable and useful for me.>>It describes ", so set your speed to 250 knots and press the>SPD button to instruct the auto throttles to maintain this>speed once you reach it." on the page 3-4.>>However, I cannnot set to the SPD mode with press the SPD>button after pass 1000' AGL on the start from 'PMDG 744 TRC>Lesson3 Part 1'. What is wrong on my work?>>Sincerely,>>Kan-ichiro Fushihara>>>>Kan-ichiro, Hello!When you load that lesson (PMDG 744 TRCLesson3 Part 1) click the VNAV button to turn in off. If you do that, you will be able to click the SPD button as directed on page 3-4 of the lesson.Hope this helps you Sir... it worked for me!Murray Wheten

Guest kame

Hi Paul,Thanks for your advice.It seems that I misunderstood the idea "We are going to turn off the flight director, and you will fly her entirely be reference to the instruments." of Randazzo said. He said "I do not want you to use the autopilot during these lessons unless instructed to do so.", too. I have done well with only 'don't use the autopilot'.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest kame

Dear Murray,Thank you for your kindest advice.I have done so and full understand.Thanks again,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest kame

Captain Randazzo,I am sorry to overlook the detail later. You have said "Next, I want you to disconnect the autopilot, the auto throttle and turn off the flight director." on the page 3-7.I am anxious to complete the Lesson 3 from now on.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Glad we got things sorted out for you, mate!Cheers

Mark Adeane - NZWN

I'm not sure that things are sorted out. I've got the same problem. I climb to 1000 ft at 166 kts or there abouts, set the speed bug to 250kts for the climb to 5000ft only to find that SPD will not engage!!I'm using the 747 congfiguration that comes with the TRC 3 download and prior to T/O I have deselected VNAV. So what am I doing wrong?RegardsSteve HoneyLincoln UK