Sign in to follow this  
Guest millimeter

CostIndex - how excatly does it work

Guest millimeter

Hi -Can anyone please explain to me how cost index works, and how it should be configured? Both for most cost efficient climbes and steep climbes.In one of the typecourse rating lessons, I can see that the costindex is set to 125. From the AOM I have had the understanding that it can be set to a figure between 0-100.

Guest millimeter

-MichaelYou'r right. Now I've read it again in the manual. And I can see what you mean. But the manual also states that you should set you cost index at 0 for long range cruising. But you also have the LRC (Long Range Cruise) in the VNAV page. Why should that be necessary. Or do you really mean that I at all circomstanses should set the Cost Index at 80?

michael is very helpful and not lazy in explaining, I've noticed. as for cost index itself, it seems that during the update for the pax, cost index modeling was enhanced. i don't remember precisely what was enhanced. or was it the update for the -F, i forget. tomas

Guest ColdBear

Lars,Pr

Guest millimeter

Thank's michael and thomas

Guest millimeter

Tak MartinJeg pr

>michael is very helpful and not lazy in explaining, I've>noticed. You noticed right. ;)It is better to give a hungry man a fishing rod and show him how to use it than to hand him a fish.And so it happens that this forum after the last full year has all the info about the 744 you can possibly want, 10 times over (and LRC has specially detailed coverage dating back a few weeks). Makes little sense to rehash something 11-th time. So my only laziness is not finding the link for him but this goes back to this 'fishing rod'.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gifhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

(just returned from mass)wonderful christian overtones! if the case may be that the forum has all the info about the 744 one can possibly want, then perhaps this forum should be just a repository of information without the option to ask questions. one bemoans the fact that the information herein is rather fragmented, and not to mention its coupling of a search function that is recalcitrant at best.but, i do take the point of how much of this information already lies embedded in the annals of this forum, it's just getting there that is the difficulty for some. i would think especially for non-English speakers.tomas

>a repository of information without the option to ask>questions. No, because new, never before discussed topics occasionally do come up. Like for example the Long Range Cruise was never really discussed in depth until a week or two ago.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gifhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

of course i was being facetious :)my response was simply an inference to your earlier observation:"And so it happens that this forum after the last full year has all the info about the 744 you can possibly want, 10 times over". hence, my suggestion.

Guest ruudpel

A KLM 747-400 Captain told me they use a cost index of 150 (yes..one hundred and fifty)..