Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

True Pilots Project

Hereby I want to announs the existance of this new porject.If I find other people that agree on my philosophy, we could create some nice jobs !! Whomever thinks I've got a point and is willing to join me, contact me !!Here goos: OpenSky (etc.) are very nice projects. They make outside view models which are eye-candy all the way. You install this plane on your PC and you use it with some 2D panel. When you're flying this plane you'll be looking upon a 2D panel that looks exactly the same as the one from, lets say, the default 737... because it IS the same panel !! So if you stay inside the cockpit, as a real PILOT is supposed to do, whats the difference between a heavy OpenSky plane and some default plane ? NONE ! Indeed. That's why I work on making a 3D cockpit and spending as little time as possible on the outside model. Most of the time, I prefer being a "virtual pilot" rather than a "virtual plane spotter". If you feel the same way and you're tired of looking upon these 2D panels all the time, and you've got Gmax in your fingers ... join me !The plan is to make as much 3D pits as possible. As I sayd with just a very simple and little animated outside model. Keep it as simple as possible so that you can spend more time and FPS on the inside view. Then work with 2D-Popup-Like-Panels so that you can access all knobs, twisters, buttons, handles, or whatever from the 3D view ! So that in the end, you'll be able to do a 100% flight from the 3D view possition !Thnx for listening and I hope to get some response here !!GreetzPhilippe Vanagt

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Philippe,I tend to share the same philosophy. There are people that choose a car from the overall look, and others that choose for the overall commodity of the panel and the convenience of the interior! (and more that also choose for both!)There is a trend that I think is inevitable in the FS world, close to the real world industry: third party aircrafts vendors are putting more and more features in the inside. Yet, the prices keep steady. Sure more people might be involved in the projects than before, but I would think that vendors are specialized in what they used to do (overall aircrafts models, panels and flight dynamics), and that the new additional and "advanced" features they are proposing are only icing on the cake. It looks nice, but lacks deepness in taste. Looking at the latest so called advanced GPS released in an aircraft package, and I suspect this might also be the case with others coming to the market, they are yet to measure up to what both simsystems and reality xp have released. These two companies are specialized in the simulated avionics.In the real world industry, aircraft vendors are selling aircrafts, the avionics are from other third party vendors, the engine too. Would you consider the Cessna made GPS a better offer than a Garmin or an Apollo one? I personally won't, because of the expertise the GPS vendors have built in years. I then think that because of us, more and more demanding virtual pilots, aircrafts vendors might evolve too. Imagine your favorite vendor, selling the latest Meridian, or Cougar aircraft, with the choice of Avionics from your favorite virtual avionics vendor? Why not get the best of each vendor?Although I might not contribute to your project, I sure welcome your attention to the aircraft interior! after all, this is where we spend much of our time as virtual pilots!