Sign in to follow this  
razorseal

question on auto piloting...

Guest Celt

I bought the 737-NG at retail before the 747 download, and the retail box for the 737 had a flight walkthrough which was very instructional (although not 100% accurate) as to how the FMC AP worked. Unfortunately the download 747 came with just one very big thick detailed and rather dry flight manual, which if I hadn't gotten the 737 first I might have given up with and considerwed my money a waste . . . I'm not a real world airline pilot so I had no idea, and I think the 747 docco could do with some work ;-) but if the 737 manual is downloadable, you might want to follow the "Introductory Flight" using the 747 . . . it's mostly compatable . . .

Guest lplucas

>ay ay ay... FSNAV is 45 dollars... I just spent a good amount>on the 747... is there anything free that I can use for now?>:(FSNAV is good to make a route and save it to FS to get for example IFR with ATC, but I always find my routes through RouteFinder http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/Hope this gives you another push to this additionPedro

"Very very rarely will you see an automatic landing in the real world - they're only used in near zero visibility conditions on specially equipped runways."Depends on your definition of very, very rarely, but....Autolands have to be carried out routinely, to keep the autoland system validated/legal. e.g. once every 45 days. Because of this, the autoland could be carried out in perfect weather conditions. Usage could be more often depending on season and airports flown into.Cheers.Q>

Guest diskus

I owned and used the Queen for 5 months before I ever plugged in my joystick to the usb port. Basically flyng all auto takeoff (properly trimmed to capture ap) and autoland. Flew it all over the world and landed in all kinds of weather. Now ofcourse its unrealistic, but boy did I get familialr with the navigation other systems and fmc on the plane.Now all this time later when the type courses are out, Ive plugged in the joystick, and begun working on manual techniques of flying, so far so good.unusual approach I guess, but has worked well for meMike

yeah the autopilot seemed to do the trick... I figured it all out, from to/ga to app...it just seems so easy now, I wonder... is it that easy in RL? lol can the pilot actually just keep pressing buttons to take this thing off and land it?what is required for a runway to autoland? just STAR?