Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

simple questions 737 800 and 900

so here are a few simple questions, i need some basic help1. I program the fms , how do i know if a flight plan is active and is there some way for the fixes to be automated in the rte sectionCan I import a plan from something like fsnavigator or a .pln file ( fs) rather than entering all of the items seperately.Where should an imported file reside if this can be accomplished2. Now that the fms is programed, how do i actually engage it, Just push the fd and cmd button with the lnav . ? How do i know the flight plan is engage and the autopilot is following the plan. If I have programed the fms with the all functions do i simplly takeoff and then push vnav and lnav and cmdA, Is that all there is too it.3. Is the forecast at the destination coming from an online source. If I am flying with vatsim will it coordinate4 I have a key on the fms that says " no Datalink".. ??? what does that mean5 One rollout or taxi or when i increase throttles I hear an aural warning . what the heck is that ..!!!6 On the speed select ,sometimes I get the letter A beside the speed, ( at engaged).. I cant find a ref on this, thank you for all of your help

>so here are a few simple questions, i need some basic help>>1. I program the fms , how do i know if a flight plan is>active and is there some way for the fixes to be automated in>the rte section>>Can I import a plan from something like fsnavigator or a .pln>file ( fs) rather than entering all of the items>seperately.>Where should an imported file reside if this can be>accomplished>>2. Now that the fms is programed, how do i actually engage it,>Just push the fd and cmd button with the lnav . ? How do i>know the flight plan is engage and the autopilot is following>the plan. If I have programed the fms with the all functions>do i simplly takeoff and then push vnav and lnav and cmdA, Is>that all there is too it.>>3. Is the forecast at the destination coming from an online>source. If I am flying with vatsim will it coordinate>>4 I have a key on the fms that says " no Datalink".. ??? what>does that mean>>5 One rollout or taxi or when i increase throttles I hear an>aural warning . what the heck is that ..!!!>>6 On the speed select ,sometimes I get the letter A beside the>speed, ( at engaged).. I cant find a ref on this, >> >>>thank you for all of your help>>I'm sorry to write this, as this may not be what you want to read, but other than question 3, and your fsnavigator question, all the others can be answered by reading the manual, following the checklists, and practicing with tutorials. If done, the A/C will function correctly.Once this has been done, further refined questions will help define any issues you may be having.Thanks,John

I recommend you download pmdg_737ng_flight_tutorial.zip from the AVSIM library.1. Top line of RTE or LEGS page has ACT for active, MOD for modified before it becomes active. Pressing the Activate key and/or Exec button activate the entry.2. FMC is always activer, per se, but you connect the autopilot system to the computer with CMD, LNAV, VNAV, etc. It won't engage before you're 400 ft AGL.3. PMDG package doesn't handle weather, it relies on MSFS or add-ons you may have such as Active Sky.4. Data communications with the ground isn't simulated.5. The most common reason for that warning is your configuration is not ready for takeoff... usually flaps.6. The 'A' in the MCP speed window means unattainable, I assume you're on the ground when you see this. I think it is explained someplace in the flight operations manual. Using advanced search in this forum will find everything you've asked about.Again, I recommend the tutorial. It takes time: I spent several weeks learning the 737NG and I've been flying piston aircraft for a long time. It really helps having IFR ratings and currency, but there's lots of help out there. Have fun!

Dan Downs KCRP