Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chris E.

PMDG 747 Problem.

Guest Chris E.

Hi ,i have a big problem when having installed the PMDG 747-400.On every long flight , or any flight with a big scenery and some changes of aircrafts first the menu bar of the FS2004 collapses and the hole windows crashes (not completly but mostly not useable anymore). First I didn't know who is causing this failure. But now i can be sure. When i have installed the PMDG 747 , i have this failure , even when the aircraft is not loaded. When i have it not installed , i don't get the failure and can fly long big flights.I have had this failure on 2 pcs. My old one , and my new one.And it's not bad hardware which is causing it : AMD4200+, 2 GB RAM, 7800 gtx with 256 mb. I don't know what to do. Is there any module conflict or ...?I have installed :FSUIPC 3.530IVAP (IVAO Pilot Client)Level D and Feelthere product.Windows XP SP1 ,FS9.0Here is a picture of this failure :( (just have this one with default 737 , because mostly windows isn't able to make a screenshot when the failure occures :111.JPGI would thank you so much if you know anything about it !RegardsChris

well i don't know how to address the problem. but, one observation is that you have SO many applications running in the background. the less things you have running, the better your performance.also, perhaps try flying in full screen mode: ALT+ENTERGood luckTom

Guest Chris E.

Thanks.But i don't think that its a problem of performance. It would retard the crash i think , but not solve it. RegardsChris

hi chris,try deleting your fs9.cfg and it will create a fresh one automatically when you restart flight sim.sorry to hear of your problem! this only happened after installing 747 PMDG? I would also suggest uninstalling it after you delete your fs9.cfg, and reinstalling it.viel gl

Guest Chris E.

hi thomas ;)Danke , werd ich jetz mal machen / i'll try it now ;)Gru

Guest SKireyev

I have the answer for you. It's your 7800GTX and its drivers? Have you updated your video drivers lately? If not, which ones are you running? I have various visual anomalies, including the one you're showing with anything above 8X.XX Nvidia drivers. I get constant texture reloads in full-screen mode, and in windowed modes if I switch between windows, the sim tends to either hang with a completely black screen, drops the menu bar, or just refuses to maximise the window after it got minimized. That only happens with MSFS, but is not limited to PMDG or other developers' products. The best drivers that work for me are 77.79s.My advice, check your drivers. If you have updated fairly recently, roll them back. If you installed the ones that came with your card, look for older ones on nvidia.com, and test them. This issue has also been covered before in the hardware forum.Cheers,

Tom is right through Chris, your FS performance will improve if you close those apps down. Especially in the advanced add-ons like PMDG

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Chris E.

hi ,but my performance is ok , i have at good sceneries 30 frames with pmdg 747.@ sergey, thanks of course i'll try it as soon as possible !!!!I'll report onRegardsChrisp.s i use 81.98

chris,can you imagine how much more fps you could get if you shut all your aps down?! you could get maybe up to 60 fps?! :)my computer is SO OLD! AHHH. i need to upgrade. plus, i use it on a laptop... :DHow did it turn out Chris? all solved? also, sirgey suggestion for updating video drivers is a good idea.tomas

Guest Chris E.

I'll test now , but it's no updating , but downdating ;)I hope i'm lucky ;)Regards Chris

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

>chris,>>can you imagine how much more fps you could get if you shut>all your aps down?! you could get maybe up to 60 fps?! :)You won´t notice any difference between 25 fps and anything above.60 fps would only be an unnecessary load to your graphics card (thats why there is an fps limiter in the FS video settings menu)

Guest Chris E.

hi ,i was back soon , after 30 mins flying with different aircrafts and pmdg 747 in a big scenery it crashed again.With driver 77.77I have a dual core cpu , but no hotfix etc , is this a problem ?Regards Chris

Did you install the PMDG aircraft in the recommended order? See the PMDG website to make sure your installations were done in the correct order.Good luck! BTW, what was the result after building a new fs9.cfg file?

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

Guest Chris E.

At that times i just had PMDG 747 installed.I'll try the FS9.cfg tonight or tomorrow, i'll report on it ;)Regards Chris

Guest Chris E.

Hi,i tried it today. I deleted and let the fs create a new fs9.cfgBut the test had also a bad result.I would like to fly this perfect aircraft. I never made a long range flight with it installed to the landing , because it crashed the way like the picture shows.I don't know the reason. I had the same problem with my old pc. (just the last 5 months). Software or hardware failure ? I actually can't believe in hardware failure because they are 2 complete different computers. (Intel+ATI now AMD+NVIDIA).Any Ideas? Maybe the Pmdgoptions.dll ? (but i have version 1.1)RegardsChrisp.s : Is my mistake also this CTD ? Or is a CTD just when the fs is shut without any note.