Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jpanford

IRS ALIGNMENT

Guest Jpanford

Been having a hard time aligning the IRS's when I start from a C&D cockpit setup. Its align when the sim starts with the engines running, but as soon as I go to the C & D cockpit it will not. I set the alignment time to instant, or real I just see 7 min and nothing happens. C an someone share some light on what I'm doing wrong. Thanks..Joe

I take it you are moving the switches from the OFF position to the NAV position.You will need to input the current position of the aircraft into the FMC - just line select the GPS position to the blank boxes. If prompted again, do so. Once that data is input the displays should come alive once the counters have reached 0+If you happen to move the switches from the OFF to the ALIGN position (i think this was a misprint in the manual) you will need to then move the switch to the NAV position upon the end of the align period.Hope that helps

Alaister Kay

Guest Jpanford

Thank you very much, I know that the selector has to be in the NAV... I guess I shouldv'e mention that all the setup is right. Infact I'm really familiar with the real airplane because I'm in the process of doing my conversion course for an airline. Just trying to use the pmdg as a training aid but I have a problem getting the IRS's align all the time except I start with the engines running. Anyone out there who can help please add something. The setup is correct. Just wondering if anyone else have this problem.Joe..

Guest loomis

Hi Joe, I have had a similar problem when I start from C&D. My problem aligning the IRS occurs only if I start the alignment process with external power connected AND APU OFF. For some reason this results in the IRS never becoming aligned (even with align time=instant). However, As soon as I start the APU, and disconnect the external power, reset the IRU's to OFF->NAV->ALIGN it works 100%.I wonder if this is a bug ... anyone else had this problem ...PMDG?Hope this helps.Regards,Sam

Guest Jpanford

Thank you very much Sam....I think I did have the external power on. I'll try your suggestion. I love this bird, and hope to be flying it by the end of next month...ThanksJoe

Guest kriss737

Hi,When you load a saved situation file make sure the IRU selectors are in the OFF position before flicking the BAT switch, then standby power auto ground power if avail then the selectors to NAV, insert the stand position or GPS position in the FMC twice. This should be ok, its happened to me before then I noticed the selectors were in the NAV position when I engaged the BAT switch... Joe you`re going to be flying the best bird in the world good luck.. Complete shut down after landing, the IRS should remain on for a minimum of three (3) minutes after the aircraft is parked. During an orderly shutdown, the selectors are placed in the OFF position at least fifteen seconds before the aircraft main power switch is placed to the OFF position. Obviously you are aware of the 18 Hr full alignment when I land I put the selectors in align incase im tugged about then when ready flick to NAV enter position. Done. Not tried it in the PMDG thou`Chris