Sign in to follow this  
Guest nialler

PMDG 737 FMC message

Guest nialler

Just wondering if anyone can help.I'm getting this message on the 737 FMC, APP Course Runway heading disagree, or something very like it.The message is displayed when approaching EGAA runway 25, with the FMC and autopilot all configured for an autoland.Does anyone know what the message means, and what am I doing wrong ?ThanksSteve

Guest 102301636

Steve,It means that the course bug is not set to the course heading specified in the FMC on the apporach ref page...on this page you will notice the course and ILS freq (if it's an ils equiped runway)...this is the course you must the put in CRS on the MCP to ensure you do not get the message you are getting

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Steve,Two points:-1. The headings given on your approach plates are nearly always 2 or 3 degrees different from what's in the FMC due to magnetic variation i think (I remember when EGLL was runway 28L and right and not 27 like it is now!!)so make sure you've got the heading window and the course window showing the same correct bearings as in the FMC.2. You will get an 'Invalid Navaid' warning if your flight is over an hour and the batteries run down, so make sure when you switch the APU off that you've got power (no blue lights illuminated on the overhead).

Guest nialler

Thanks for the answer, I'll give it a go tonight.Steve

Guest tmetzinger

Short version - the course set in the MCP must match the course from the FMC data base and shown on the INIT REF page, even when that course doesn't match the chart (assuming you use current charts).This difference is generally due to differences in the NavData files we use and reality.