Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

flight planning 737

I asked this question yesterday and had some success, is there a tool for auto programming the rte and legs on the 737 900 fms( same as 800 or 700), I want to simply import a .pln or .rtee into the fms, rather than spend the time programming it fully. is that possible? I tried the tool from nordic but it did not quite work....thank you in advance

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

FSnavigator can create auto routes and export the flightplan into the PMDG FMC format. But this tool is payware :(

hey thanks, i did not realize that, I own fsnavigator.can the flyflightplan ( ap) mode in fsnavigator actually fly the 737and where does the exported flight plan have to reside so that the 737 fms can find it. thanks , very helpfulPeter

Guest tmetzinger

I also recommend FSBuild - includes great fuel planning and integration with weather.

Guest PeterC

PeterIf you use the PMDG flight plan export module (from FSNAV site) it exports the plan to the correct folder. Enter the plan name in the FMC (company route line)and all will be well.I don't think the fly flightplan in FSNAV flies the plane.Peter

An alternate way to enter flightplan names in the scratchpad is to go to index/navdata/flightplans. You will get a list of available plans in the folder and if necessary scroll to the next page with the nxt key. LSK the plan of choice and it will transfer to the scratchpad. You can then go to RTE 1 and LSK CO ROUTE and the plan will load with ACT and EXE.Think I've got the steps correct.On the NAVDATA page you will also find a SAVE to save your current route if you wish, particularly useful to save created plans in the FMC or those modified with crossing restrictions, etc. The route title in this case will be appended by an auto-incrementing number.