Sign in to follow this  
lostmoon

FYI: AIRAC 0605

Just wanted to share with fellow pmdg pilots re AIRAC 0605. Taken verbatim from the support forum over at navdata.at:========================================================tomas========Unfortunately the estimated release of the 0605 cycle has been missed. I am sure Richard is just as disappointed at this as you are, Richard is spending a lot of time travelling and free time is very limited as he has already told us. Posts asking when the next airac will be released can not be answered at the moment and posts discussing alternative future databases are not appropriate in a support forum for the NAVData Service. Speculation that the service is closing is not helpful. Please be patient and respect Richard's many years loyal work to the flight sim community. Simon Butler NAVData Team

Nevertheless I have a great appreciation for the work Richard was doing for a very long time for the FS community, I think it's also a great risk for the community, all this is done by a single person.Regular updates of the airac cycles are so important for people who like to fly as realistic as possible and who are using real life flightplans.Therefore I think that a regular commercial based service should be very useful, so that we are not depending from the goodwill of some people. Because it's free service, we don't have have the right to push Richard. We must be very grateful he is willing to do this for us. A commercial service is something else and they should be on time with their regular updates of the cycles, maybe in combination with correct SIDS/STAR databases and missed approach routes.B. rgdsMichel

second that. great service he provides, and i would be willing to pay a fee in the future if it comes to that.danketomas

Guest Celt

Better still, MS should pay him, and Terry at Planepath, and make the AIRAC cycles downloadable updates in FS-X . . . one database to rule them all . . .

>Better still, MS should pay him, and Terry at Planepath, and>make the AIRAC cycles downloadable updates in FS-X . . . one>database to rule them all . . .Updatable navdata is one of my biggest wishes for a future version of FS... I'm sure MS could work out some sort of deal with Jeppessen for it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>. . . one database to rule them all . . .My Precious, My AIRAC, they wantsss it. Nasty pilotsess

Guest Celt

>hahhaha. LOL>>The fat pilot knows. he wants our precioussss.>lol.How did you know I'm fat . . . LOL

huh? well, i wasn't infering that you were. i was simply following your Golum lead... "the fat hobbit knowses"///:)

Guest xose01

Hello,As suggested by others on this forum, the reliance on an individual doing AIRAC updates in his spare time is unsustainable. Could PMDG consider creating an AIRAC cycle for it's suite of aircraft? Even if this was fee based I am sure that there are many of us (especially those that fly on-line) who would be willing to support this.Your thoughts welcome.Thanks,Luis

Luis:I whole heartedly agree, the issue comes to a head when DAFIF is no longer public domain. PMDG has a profit opportunity, albeit a small one I hope, to subscribe to a commercial database and pass along the cost of that and translating data for a nominal subscription fee.I would gladly pay $24/yr for such a subscription, but hopefully there's enough interest out there to lower to cost to $12/yr. However, this should include everything: airways, fixes, airports, navaids, stars, sids and approaches. Afterall, that's what you get when that little memory card comes from Garmin every cycle for their panel units. It's subscription is about $500/yr (not global tho-). So if PMDG has a couple of hundred people interested this would work for them.While I'm on this soapbox... PMDG is going to improve the FMC programming language with FX... right? I hope so, otherwise the database they buy is going to have more and more stuff like radius-to-fix legs in the procedures that the existing FMC can't handle. This certainly ties in with the decision to support the product with current nav data.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest flight78

Hi !I agree with Luis and Dan we NEED updates for AIRAC.Kind regards:Alexander

Those that use FSBuild to program their routes for export as a plan to the FMC including SIDs and STARs may be interested in downloading from www.fsbuild.com the latest AIRAC files in their format.

Guest xose01

Hi Ron,This is were the lack of AIRAC updates for the aircraft exacerbates the problem. Because the SID/STARs (and tools such as FSBUILD) are being kept up-to-date with the AIRAC cylce, they could be referencing waypoints and fixes which the aircraft has not yet been updated with, thus leading to mis-matches between the aircraft and the SID/STAR and flight planning databases. The longer the lack of updates to the aircraft AIRAC continues, the worse this problem will become.Thanks,Luis

Guest stang

>Because the SID/STARs (and tools such>as FSBUILD) are being kept up-to-date with the AIRAC cylce,>they could be referencing waypoints and fixes which the>aircraft has not yet been updated with, thus leading to>mis-matches between the aircraft and the SID/STAR and flight>planning databases. Not exactly. The procedures (SIDs/STARs/IAPs) I produce do not need the AIRAC cycle from navdata.at. Any new waypoints are included because I define all the waypoints in the FIXES section. The FMC checks there first and uses those waypoints instead of the AIRAC or FS waypoints. RegardsTerryPlanePath