Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ptroinks

Realistic cargo weight in relation to pax number

Guest Ptroinks

Hi!I'm just wondering how I can calculate a realistic cargo weight after setting how many passangers I want on a flight (737NG) using the Load Manager. And when having that number, do I just put 5050 in the forward and aft cargo compartments?

For many operators, the cargo load is probably more actual revenue earning cargo than pax bags. I shared not too long ago in this forum that SWA fills their 737 bellies with substantial cargo. I've played with some average load rates (80-90% seats filled) and found that filling the rear baggage first works best, and usually ends up hitting the max zero fuel weight before rear cargo fills and the forward cargo remains empty. CG can get too far forward if you push the cargo to the front, and you can exceed CG limits before weight limits. 'Course, my results depend on the fidelity of the simulation.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Ptroinks

But just to have a generally realistic amount of cargo, how much should I fill the holds, and how many percent should go in the front, and how many in the back?