Sign in to follow this  
Greg Goodavish

Framerates for PMDG 744

I am considering buying the PMDG 744. I already own the PMDG 737NG and 800/900. My computer handles those fine. Someone told me, though, that the 744 is very hard on framerates. My computer is a Pentium IV 2.66 GHZ speed, with 512MB RAM and 64MB video card. I use FS9 real world weather and fly online, so no AI aircraft. Anyone have any experience with this type of setup and how it handles the 744? My other option is the RFP 742, but I would prefer PMDG if my computer can handle it. Anyone?

Greg Goodavish

If you can run the 737NG products fine then the 744 shouldn't cause too many issues, it is more efficiently coded than the 737 with a real emphasis on performance on a wide range of machine specs.Be aware that your FPS aren't going to be earth-shatteringly good but it should be flyable. Anyone else with similar specs want to chime in here?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Thanks, Mark. I also have the Flight1 ATR and LDS 767, and they both work great on my system as well. I understand there might be a few stutters here and there and that is fine. Just want to make sure it doesn't lock up for seconds at a time while landing, etc. So, you think it will be fine and to go ahead and get it?

Greg Goodavish

Hi again Greg,If you can run those other add-ons to your satisfaction then you can run the queen. Enjoy!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Also, once installed, grab the liveries. They give you the option for DXT3 or 32bit when installing. DXT3 will help alot to add performance.

>Thanks, Mark. I also have the Flight1 ATR and LDS 767, and>they both work great on my system as well. I understand there>might be a few stutters here and there and that is fine. Just>want to make sure it doesn't lock up for seconds at a time>while landing, etc. So, you think it will be fine and to go>ahead and get it?I get the same kind of frame rates for the PMDG 747 as for the LDS 767 so if you can run the 767 the 747 will be fine.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Actually, my LDS 767 is EXTREMELY smooth. So if the 747 does the same, I will be pleased as punch!

Greg Goodavish