Sign in to follow this  
BobP

747 Auto Throttle and PFC Throttle Quadrant problem..

Hi,Are there any other PFC throttle quadrant users? I'm using the 4 engine jet throttles from PFC and have a problem after the last update. (included with the 400F).If I disengage the auto-throttles anytime during the flight, I cannot get it to re-engage. The auto throttle indicates armed after moving the toggle switch, but does not control thrust as the PFC throttles remain active. I was able to get it to re-engage once by disarming the AP and selecting again, but only once. I did remove and re-install the FSUIP dll with new inits etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.Bob..

Guest mmcevilley

>Hi,>>Are there any other PFC throttle quadrant users? I'm using the>4 engine jet throttles from PFC and have a problem after the>last update. (included with the 400F).>>If I disengage the auto-throttles anytime during the flight, I>cannot get it to re-engage. The auto throttle indicates armed>after moving the toggle switch, but does not control thrust as>the PFC throttles remain active. I was able to get it to>re-engage once by disarming the AP and selecting again, but>only once. I did remove and re-install the FSUIP dll with new>inits etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.>>Bob..Hi Bob,I have the PFC 2-engine jet quadrant mapped 1>1,2 and 2>3,4. I've experienced what you describe as well (have the "F" but only fly the "P"). I have not taken the time to nail down the circumstances when it happens. As you stated, when it does occur, I can engage the A/T modes via the Aerosoft MCP but manual control of the throttles remains; there is no A/T functionality. Only after several cycles of dis-engaging and reengaging A/P and A/T functions can I get the A/T function to return.I usually let the A/T do its thing once I engage TOGA on the takeoff roll. I only resume manual control of the throttles when descending through 11000 and do the approach/landing manually (in all respects). I'll try toggling A/T in flight and see if I get the same behavior you get - will report back.-michael

Thanks. Hopefully we can figure this out. :) I wonder if PMDG can offer any suggestions? I'll try different combinations of the PMDG options tonight.Bob...

I give up. This started after the update with the freighter. I'll remove everything (PMDG 747) and try a clean install Michael. I wish there was at least 1 beta tester using PFC throttles. Bob..

Hi BOB might not be any help, i use pfc twin jet throttles with pmdg 737 and dont have any problems so long as i remember to pull back to idle before auto land.Richard.